947 Cycle Challenge 2019

Neville Bailey

Seems they canned the social tandems category.

Riding with 13y old daughter and been seeded in D batch (normally get A batch seeding).

Thankful for early start as it is gonna be a loooong day with beer and ice cream stops

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eish

Thanks, when I entered, I did a double check, never got the option to choose???

How it used to be in the past was, that you'd enter normally without a cat, then the people that do the seeding will decide if you made the cut or not. The elite/vet/ladies categories are not very big so you need to be allocated to them. A batch was like a very big overflow group. You could also find people that normally ride elites in the A batch in the past. And sometimes when you want to ride open, you get allocated to a vets bunch.  

GG  08:49   -watch your backs!  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  

If my wife does not get a better seeding after the carnival city Macsteel, I will see you there, trying to pass most, Maybe I should get a bell.

How it used to be in the past was, that you'd enter normally without a cat, then the people that do the seeding will decide if you made the cut or not. The elite/vet/ladies categories are not very big so you need to be allocated to them. A batch was like a very big overflow group. You could also find people that normally ride elites in the A batch in the past. And sometimes when you want to ride open, you get allocated to a vets bunch.  

Very much used to this. :-)  I should make the Vets group easily if they looked at my race results.

Happened to me one 947 where I was bumped up to Vets even though I only held cycling membership and not license, no ways was i going to ride there. 

Interesting - when I entered, it did not give me an option to enter for the Vets race groups.

See I'm seeded in A group.

Did they cancel the Vets race groups?

In big events like this they seed the Vets.  Thus only top 100? 150? 200? gets in the V groups and the rest gest thrown in the alphabet soup.

I thought the Trapnet was the last seeding event that accounted to the 94.7? I read it somewhere

If my wife does not get a better seeding after the carnival city Macsteel, I will see you there, trying to pass most, Maybe I should get a bell.

I thought the Trapnet was the last seeding event that accounted to the 94.7? I read it somewhere

If you do an event longer than 90KM, you just need to pay the R200 then, they will look at the time and reseed.

Oooooo ok, you can see I'm not used to the black stuff and all the rules to get a better seeding  :whistling:

If you do an event longer than 90KM, you just need to pay the R200 then, they will look at the time and reseed.

In big events like this they seed the Vets.  Thus only top 100? 150? 200? gets in the V groups and the rest gest thrown in the alphabet soup.

Had a interesting e-mail conversation with race office.  They look at seeding index, and seeding index alone. 

But numbers are a funny thing, and this year it has counted against me. I missed the break last year in VE, 7 min down on winner, but still came in close to top 30.  Seeding index just over 14.95

I missed most races in Q1 - Q2 after a nasty fall in Gauteng Champs. So no opportunity to better my index.

VE index cut off is 14.95.  Over that, you are in the alphabet soup.

The irony is that A group rode 8 min faster than VE last year.

Oh well, we are just fun riders after all.

Eish!!!

Had a interesting e-mail conversation with race office.  They look at seeding index, and seeding index alone. 

But numbers are a funny thing, and this year it has counted against me. I missed the break last year in VE, 7 min down on winner, but still came in close to top 30.  Seeding index just over 14.95

I missed most races in Q1 - Q2 after a nasty fall in Gauteng Champs. So no opportunity to better my index.

Eish!!!

Eish!!!

If you ride in A, I'll ride with you... for as long as I can, like last year.  :ph34r: