947 Cycle Challenge 2019

Neville Bailey

Lets hope it rains. I would rather have rain than a dry ride truth be told. Joburg is taking a beating 

Interesting.

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those have been ongoing for the last 2-3 years ...  There's a section of gravel road that you'll need to drive ...

Yes a 4 lane road was promised 3 years ago, the race (and Riversands) had to live with no progress every year. Every year we hope that next year it will be ready????

What day & time will be best to collect race pack? Working in Jhb Cbd side, will not be easy to quickly pop around to the dome in lunch time? I stay not to far away from the dome so my thought is to go and pick up after work on Friday or is this a bad idea? I always rode for a charity so they picked up the race packs. 

Do we have to worry? Got this from a security group on FB?

Early warning

The community of Lion Park informal settlement will embark on a protest march on the *2019-11-16 Saturday to Sunday the following day in the early hours*.

Their demands is for Eskom to bring back the electric transformers that were taken during disconnecting illegal connection of electricity in that area.

Threat... N14 is been targeted for shutdown and there will be a bicycle program that will be taking over at Incubation hub in RiverSide on the same date and they aiming to disrupt it.

Do we have to worry? Got this from a security group on FB?

Early warning

The community of Lion Park informal settlement will embark on a protest march on the *2019-11-16 Saturday to Sunday the following day in the early hours*.

Their demands is for Eskom to bring back the electric transformers that were taken during disconnecting illegal connection of electricity in that area.

Threat... N14 is been targeted for shutdown and there will be a bicycle program that will be taking over at Incubation hub in RiverSide on the same date and they aiming to disrupt it.

how legit is this? Don't fancy getting up at 4am to drive for an hour so these idiots can throw stones at my car....

Edited by Mojoman

Not another Argus situation please... not driving to Jozi only to have a race cancelled !

I stopped doing that race because of that crap......I am planning a double lap this year - exactly as I did the year the Argus was affected :ph34r:

rain on the day will just create too much of chaos... rather hope for rain the night before and a cool morning out.

We just need rain. Not hoping for chaos or accidents in the rain.

But on the flip side. Protest action might be washed out if it is raining.......

Damned if it does, damned if it doesn't. Oh well. Divert ride straight into the cradle if race is cancelled. :mellow:

Not sure how many of you took advantage of their Free ICE band, received mine this morning.

got mine yesterday too.

Not bad for a free item, if I paid for it I'd have a few complaints

Not sure how many of you took advantage of their Free ICE band, received mine this morning.

Also got mine now. Feel very savage. I am with Momentum Health. Had to cut the rubber band a little bit so it can fit nice and snug

Got mine this morning as well - basically the whole office got theirs - now I have two  :).

Looks super (from that angle). Pity I bought someone else's entry, didn't qualify for an ICE band.

Nothing received yet.