947 Cycle Challenge 2019

Neville Bailey

Parking was as per normal - I show my Virgin Active card and the car guards let me in at the Virgin parking.

I collected 12 numbers, of which 6 were delivered unless than a minute - while the others took more than 20 minutes. Had to do a reseeding for a tandem, and prove that they used the wrong event/time. No payment for the reseed, as the combined time for both was below the qualifying time to get into the group.

The expo was okay - currently not in the market for much, so no need to browse much.

Oakley lost out on sales, as there wasn’t anyone at the stand when I got there. I needed replacement rubber parts for my current pair (nose/bridge as well as on the arms). I usually buy two of each, so that if I lose one nose piece of it perishes, like the arm covers, then I have the spare available.

Paid for three pairs of Versus socks, 2 for me, and 2 for my girls (the 4th pair was free).

I've also done that Virgin trick but normally I park in the shopping center parking and walk.

Did you remember to get my number ?

(your house is a lot closer than the Dome ?)

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I collected 12 numbers, of which 6 were delivered unless than a minute - while the others took more than 20 minutes. Had to do a reseeding for a tandem, and prove that they used the wrong event/time. No payment for the reseed, as the combined time for both was below the qualifying time to get into the group.

They also used wrong seeding for mine. Did you just ask at the number collection stand?

They also used wrong seeding for mine. Did you just ask at the number collection stand?

Went to the queries section under the stairs/escalators after collecting all the numbers.

Usually go Thu AM but went PM today and was much better, Malibonge off ramp was a breeze contrasted to previous years. Parked at VA and walked straight to number collection with no queue. Quick browse walk through expo, bought 2 Gatorskins marked down on special at Cyclelab, Versus socks and gels and was out within 20min.  

Edited by scotty

Shucks i should've tried for reseeding..... didnt even think about it when I collected

Ek dink jy moet maar môre teruggaan

Weather forecast for Sunday

I'm happy with that, very close to a perfect day out, we always knew the wind would be from the front on the highway, it always is.

To the guys in B-batch: I am willing to form a rolling echelon in the crosswind on the M1 with guys willing to work, it seems to be the easiest way to make progress. Better than being pummeled in the gutter...

post-27827-0-42935600-1573793533_thumb.png

Not sure how many of you took advantage of their Free ICE band, received mine this morning.

Nothing received yet.

Got a call this morning from the courier, in Middelberg, wanting my address. When I told him it’s in Midrand all I heard was “Eish!”.

I'm happy with that, very close to a perfect day out, we always knew the wind would be from the front on the highway, it always is.

To the guys in B-batch: I am willing to form a rolling echelon in the crosswind on the M1 with guys willing to work, it seems to be the easiest way to make progress. Better than being pummeled in the gutter...

Sounds good - I'm happy to do my part.