Seatpost Shims

Yazpeter

Hi Guys,

So i recently bought a dropper but not having clearly read the AD i purchased it too big for my current seat-post. Does any one have experience using a seat-post shim? my current diameter is 27.2mm and the dropper is 31.6mm.... can a seat-post shim help in this regard ?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

So i recently bought a dropper but not having clearly read the AD i purchased it too big for my current seat-post. Does any one have experience using a seat-post shim? my current diameter is 27.2mm and the dropper is 31.6mm.... can a seat-post shim help in this regard ?

If you can get a shim to do that you must help the government to stamp out corruption. And to make the NHI a success.

As a hijack on this note, does anyone have a 30.9 to 31.6 seatpost shim lying around?

I would be much obliged....

As a hijack on this note, does anyone have a 30.9 to 31.6 seatpost shim lying around?

I would be much obliged....

As someone who like making stuff, I'd say you should go with the suggestion from DJR.

Just drink the right beer from the right aluminium can...... :ph34r:

Probably an almost perfect solution.  I've gotten a proper one from Lyne before, but it's essentially the same thing.  

As someone who like making stuff, I'd say you should go with the suggestion from DJR.

Probably an almost perfect solution.  I've gotten a proper one from Lyne before, but it's essentially the same thing.  

Ok cool beans... I shall do just that!

Whythankyou