Seatpost Shims

Yazpeter

This what didn't want to hear, I'm have to turn spend R1500 extra on a one up dropper post over the lyne one

I have a friend who only uses 30.9 dropper posts and then shims them to fit different frames. Nary a creak nor a slip.

I'll buy the longest one that fits in your frame.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This what didn't want to hear, I'm have to turn spend R1500 extra on a one up dropper post over the lyne one

i'm also on my 2nd shim with no issues, i actually bought the one that Morne recommended higher up this thread. there was no stock of the 31.6 dropper's anywhere and i had/have a 30.9 so shim made sense when building my not so new rig

I've used shims on 3 bikes. Zero creaks. It's really not an issue.

Also had OneUp and Lyne droppers. Both are good. Can't say one more so than the other.

Save your money, buy the Lyne, and use a shim.

I curently have lyne  dropper and have no issues, just need more clearance too move around on the bike

Can use the savings towards full bike service

I have a friend who only uses 30.9 dropper posts and then shims them to fit different frames. Nary a creak nor a slip.

I'll buy the longest one that fits in your frame.

thats the aim, finding the longest and finding stock too

i'm also on my 2nd shim with no issues, i actually bought the one that Morne recommended higher up this thread. there was no stock of the 31.6 dropper's anywhere and i had/have a 30.9 so shim made sense when building my not so new rig

noted , now to go hunting for stock on the longest drop available as Lyne are al sold out but maybe some stores still have stock.

Already dropped Dayle an email.

I'd look at the E13 Vario Dropper . It works out to only a R1000 more expensive than the Lyne.

I'm content with my Lyne Contour. I don't like the amount of play its developed. Bikeyoke, RockSowx and Fox seem to develop the least amount of play (rotational and foreaft sideways) but they cost a lot more, SInce I have the E13 Vario leer with my contour if I need to replace it I'll try out the Vario

I curently have lyne  dropper and have no issues, just need more clearance too move around on the bike

noted , now to go hunting for stock on the longest drop available as Lyne are al sold out but maybe some stores still have stock.

If it's the longest drop you want for shortest overall length, One Up is your answer. That is why I went with one. Performance same as Lyne though - which is brilliant. 

I'm on brass shimstock from NFM to use my 30.9 dropper with my 31.6 frame - works perfectly albeit a pain to install. Once its in though - no slips, and no creaks.

Try Reon @ Sportopia Cycles in Salt River. He just might have

If it's the longest drop you want for shortest overall length, One Up is your answer. That is why I went with one. Performance same as Lyne though - which is brilliant. 

this is what led me to OneUp and also saw ethirteen droppers

KeanBikes best priced on ethirteen from what i saw but not the  shortest complete dropper

I'm on brass shimstock from NFM to use my 30.9 dropper with my 31.6 frame - works perfectly albeit a pain to install. Once its in though - no slips, and no creaks.

special request product?

A shim shouldn't creak if manufactured and installed correctly. 

whether rolled or machined the slot should always face 180degress away from the slot in the seat tube ti avoid dirt ingress into all the interfaces. A shim with a locating lip at the top that prevents it falling further into the seat tube is also  preferred.