Computer tracking distance wrong

Malico

Morning,

I have a basic entry level cycling computer.  It is working, but it is tracking my distance incorrect, what could be the issue with it?

HI, Thank you for the help, never thought about that.  I will make the adjustement and monitor it again.  I have a 29" maybe the setting is on 26", as it tracks less then what I have actually traveled.

wheel size setting on the computer. make sure it matches the wheel thats on the bike

Have a look at the manual, or you could measure the circumference length, even tire sizes i.e. 700x23, 25, 28 will impact the setting. 

Thanks guys, it look like this is a crappy one, as there is no place to adjust the tyre size.  Look like I need to updgrade to another model.

Thanks guys, it look like this is a crappy one, as there is no place to adjust the tyre size.  Look like I need to updgrade to another model.

What make and model do you have?

I seriously doubt that there is no way to adjust wheel size. Even the most basic of units that were around in the 90's allowed for that.

It might mean a complete unit reset at worst. But if you dont have the manual google for it.

Wheel size on these things are normally measured in circumference, so you'll have to measure or work out the circumference of the wheel and tyre combination you're using (or google will probably have that answer for you).

I seriously doubt that there is no way to adjust wheel size. Even the most basic of units that were around in the 90's allowed for that.

It might mean a complete unit reset at worst. But if you dont have the manual google for it.

Wheel size on these things are normally measured in circumference, so you'll have to measure or work out the circumference of the wheel and tyre combination you're using (or google will probably have that answer for you).

That is the thing, there is no model nr anywhere on it, just say ALTI on the front.  I am considering buyng a Garmin Edge 500.  Any opinions on this unit?

That is the thing, there is no model nr anywhere on it, just say ALTI on the front.  I am considering buyng a Garmin Edge 500.  Any opinions on this unit?

even a edge 130 is a great piece of equipment if the budget doesnt stretch to a 500.

But.

Does your current unit not have a reset button under neath, one that you need to push with a pin ?

normally if you push that it will reset to factory defaults and from there you'll be able to set time/date, wheel size etc.