La Vuelta 2019

'Dale

Stage 1 and 2 action packed.... great start to the tour.... can't wait for the week ahead !!

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I managed to watch both, switched over to the ashes, watched that stokes machine do the Impossible, and then switched back and managed to see quintana dominate! Not a bad Sunday on the couch!

I am stoked for Quintana taking the win but Stokes' innings was unreal. 

I'm 100% sure he's already passed out in a gutter somewhere, I sure would be after that!

Thankfully they replayed the last 40 minutes straight after. Awesome. And each player interviewed after to a man said how everything he does is for the team. The focus to smash 2 rural 6s and then notice they'd drop a man back slightly and then just pad a ball there to take another 2. Brilliant. All I could think when watching it was 'Kevin who'? 

Back to the cycling and there as some solid carnage today especially for Ineos with no one in the front 2 groups and Teo coming in over 9 minutes down, now sitting 10:10 on GC with co leader Wout P.  

Best placed for that team is David De La Cruz and Salvio Puccio at 2:04. Louis M' lost 2 minutes odd and sits at 2:14 down with EBH. 

Quintana is 2 seconds down on the GC with Primoz is now at 36s, Chavez at 51s, Aru at 1:08, Bennett at 1:13, Teejay at 1:46 and Stevie K at 2:19,  

And of course Movistar are front and centre of the team classification. 

Back to the cycling and there as some solid carnage today especially for Ineos with no one in the front 2 groups and Teo coming in over 9 minutes down, now sitting 10:10 on GC with co leader Wout P.  

Best placed for that team is David De La Cruz and Salvio Puccio at 2:04. Louis M' lost 2 minutes odd and sits at 2:14 down with EBH. 

Quintana is 2 seconds down on the GC with Primoz is now at 36s, Chavez at 51s, Aru at 1:08, Bennett at 1:13, Teejay at 1:46 and Stevie K at 2:19,  

And of course Movistar are front and centre of the team classification. 

And the two Ineos GC riders are 10min down. Going to be an interesting race from here.

Stage 3: Gaviria? Bennett? Who? 

http://www.ciclismointernacional.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Screenshot-2019-08-25-at-14.00.55-1.png

Anyone's bet, Dirt Tracker.

I can never write Gav' off. He is picking up nicely after his injury setback.

Stage 3: Gaviria? Bennett? Who? 

http://www.ciclismointernacional.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Screenshot-2019-08-25-at-14.00.55-1.png

I'll lean towards a Bennett victory if the bunch comes to the line but there is a real chance of a break-away going up the road at one of the CAT 3's and the sprinters not pulling it back in time.

I'm leaning towards a reduced bunch finish, with a strongman taking it.

I'm 100% sure he's already passed out in a gutter somewhere, I sure would be after that!

pretty much

http://www.2oceansvibe.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/benstokes2345678.jpg

Bunch together, except for for Gaviria.

Bennett surely the favourite. 18km to the finish, tune in if you can.

He made that look easy to take his 1st stage at this years Vuelta by 2 lengths. Left everyone for dust. Add a few rands more to whatever contracts are being negotiated. 

Edited by T-Bob