100 Miler Series South Africa

G-man

100 Miler event organizers in South Africa have come together to present the first ever 100 Miler series in South Africa. Races forming part of the series that kicks off in 2020 are:

• Ride The Karoo
  • Swartberg 100 Gran Fondo
  • Race To The Sun
  • Trans Elands
  • Around the pot
  • Maloti 100 Miler
  • Race To The Sea

The series will be based on a points system through SA Seeding where a riders top four (4) results will count towards his/her final series standings. Seven (7) unique 100 miler events will showcase tough yet spectacular routes all over South Africa. Using some the best gravel & jeep track roads in SA this will be a series for all to enjoy. The series winner will walk away with massive bragging rights, get their name engraved on the coveted “100 Miler series” trophy and take home a pay check from the pot of R50 000 up for grabs.

The series kicks off on 22 February 2020 with Ride The Karoo event close to Middelburg (Easter Cape Province) on Fairview Guest Farm, experience the beautiful Karoo. After a hot start the series moves to Prince Albert for the Swartberg 100 Gran Fondo on 25 April 2020, where gravel and tar meets up and beautiful views can be expected as you crest the Swartberg pass.

The 3rd event in the series takes riders to Hartbeespoort on 25 May 2020 for Race To The Sun , ride through picturesque landscapes and challenging terrains to the finish at Sun City. On 6 June 2020 the 4th event in the series, Trans Elands with a start/ finish near Jeffrey’s Bay takes riders through the Gamtoos and Elands River Valleys, where you can expect some big climbs as well as technical descents.

The series then moves to Swellendam on 18 July 2020 for the Around the Pot event, loads of rolling hills with breath taking views can be expected. The 6th event in the Series will be the Maloti 100 Miler on 26 September 2020, starting in Barkly East, expect some big climbs including Naude’s Neck pass before finishing in Maclear. Finishing off the series in 2020 will be the Race To The Sea on 17 October from Franschhoek to Hermanus, looking forward to reaching the sea, Riding your bike is the best way to do it!

The series has two categories competing for prize money; Open Men & Open Women, however riders in the Sub Vets, Vets, Masters & Grand masters categories will earn their spot on the final series podium. Not all events in the series are sanctioned by CSA so take note. Although some of the events in the series also offer shorter route options and team entry options, only Solo entrants in the 100 miler race distances will qualify for series points. Each event will be unique, true to its area and organizing staff, but will ultimately form part of this brand new exciting series.  Choose your weapon | Choose your ride

As the series continues to evolve we hope to grow and build on its success. Our primary goal is to further the growth of gravel & endurance cycling in South Africa by providing fun, safe and beautiful events that appeal to all.

Events Timetable

More details can be found at  http://www.100milerseries.co.za/

post-1714-0-62314000-1564498510_thumb.jpg

coolio!

if you're in PE, then 4 events withing 6 hours drive

CT based riders got 3 within 5 hours.

joburg okes got $$$ to fly.

either way if you do 4 of these then you will be having some awesome trips!

wheres da KZN gravel kids?

One way of getting the Gravel bike sales of the ground.... :thumbup:

I think stage racing has burst its bubble and this wld be the new ultimate as the non tekkie road rider can race his 29er hardtail, and the roadie who was thinking about getting a mtb will get a G.Grinder...

The hipster has all 3 already... :thumbup:

100 Miler event organizers in South Africa have come together to present the first ever 100 Miler series in South Africa. Races forming part of the series that kicks off in 2020 are:

• Ride The Karoo
  • Swartberg 100 Gran Fondo
  • Race To The Sun
  • Trans Elands
  • Around the pot
  • Maloti 100 Miler
  • Race To The Sea

The series will be based on a points system through SA Seeding where a riders top four (4) results will count towards his/her final series standings. Seven (7) unique 100 miler events will showcase tough yet spectacular routes all over South Africa. Using some the best gravel & jeep track roads in SA this will be a series for all to enjoy. The series winner will walk away with massive bragging rights, get their name engraved on the coveted “100 Miler series” trophy and take home a pay check from the pot of R50 000 up for grabs.

The series kicks off on 22 February 2020 with Ride The Karoo event close to Middelburg (Easter Cape Province) on Fairview Guest Farm, experience the beautiful Karoo. After a hot start the series moves to Prince Albert for the Swartberg 100 Gran Fondo on 25 April 2020, where gravel and tar meets up and beautiful views can be expected as you crest the Swartberg pass.

The 3rd event in the series takes riders to Hartbeespoort on 25 May 2020 for Race To The Sun , ride through picturesque landscapes and challenging terrains to the finish at Sun City. On 6 June 2020 the 4th event in the series, Trans Elands with a start/ finish near Jeffrey’s Bay takes riders through the Gamtoos and Elands River Valleys, where you can expect some big climbs as well as technical descents.

The series then moves to Swellendam on 18 July 2020 for the Around the Pot event, loads of rolling hills with breath taking views can be expected. The 6th event in the Series will be the Maloti 100 Miler on 26 September 2020, starting in Barkly East, expect some big climbs including Naude’s Neck pass before finishing in Maclear. Finishing off the series in 2020 will be the Race To The Sea on 17 October from Franschhoek to Hermanus, looking forward to reaching the sea, Riding your bike is the best way to do it!

The series has two categories competing for prize money; Open Men & Open Women, however riders in the Sub Vets, Vets, Masters & Grand masters categories will earn their spot on the final series podium. Not all events in the series are sanctioned by CSA so take note. Although some of the events in the series also offer shorter route options and team entry options, only Solo entrants in the 100 miler race distances will qualify for series points. Each event will be unique, true to its area and organizing staff, but will ultimately form part of this brand new exciting series.  Choose your weapon | Choose your ride

As the series continues to evolve we hope to grow and build on its success. Our primary goal is to further the growth of gravel & endurance cycling in South Africa by providing fun, safe and beautiful events that appeal to all.

Events Timetable

More details can be found at  http://www.100milerseries.co.za/

HI G man, I have looked at first event for next yr, ride the karoo, it seems only to cater for teams and not solo...?

I had a look at the entrance fees. As much as I would like to do this, there is absolutely no way. 

I will be able to do 2 max. Guess I won't be taking part in the series. 

HI G man, I have looked at first event for next yr, ride the karoo, it seems only to cater for teams and not solo...?

Hi, Just spoken to the Organizer, There is most definitely a solo Cat. 

He will be adding the actual wording "Solo" on the entry system to make it even easier to find.

:thumbup:  

RTTS date hasn't been released yet?? Website says date TBA.

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

Hi there, Spoken to the organizers, Dates for both the RTTSun & RTTSea will be confirmed shortly. These dates given are based on the 2019 event dates. Confirmation shortly!

Race to the Sea sounds like fun but.....:

1.Click on Route.....start in Franschoek and finish At  Benguela Cove....cool but do you know how many roads lead to Rome...the event is 10 weeks away. 

2.Entry Solo is R900.00 , dont like to piss and moan but seriously...(and then you wonder why the bubble has Burst :oops: )

3. Does the Event winner have to win R20k Isnt 10k enough for 1st  7.5 for 2nd and 3.5k for 3rd or give 4th and 5th also recognition they train just as hard...? 

4. FAQ. Were are the water points: It only tells you WHAT you going to get not were they situated.

Pffff I guess the rain is getting to me and I dont have enough spare kit and hand towels for IDT. :whistling:  :eek:  

Edited by vulgar

Besides a excel table, a website and a T shirt what has changed?

Is there discount for entering bulk events?

Are there new events?

Regardless, more people on bikes is always rad!

Race to the Sea sounds like fun but.....:

1.Click on Route.....start in Franschoek and finish At  Benguela Cove....cool but do you know how many roads lead to Rome...the event is 10 weeks away

Pffff I guess the rain is getting to me and I dont have enough spare kit and hand towels for IDT. :whistling:  :eek:  

i was going to ask due to franschhoek pass, but it seems there will be no 2019 event

Race to the Sea 2019 is postponed until further notice due to rockfall at Franschhoek Pass. Organizers have been in contact with the road agencies and it is clear the pass will not be ready by 19 October 2019. Online entries are closed and will reopen once we have a clear indication closer to the completion of the Franschhoek Pass.

“We have considered all the outcomes and tried to adjust the route. Unfortunately, it will not be the same race without the iconic Franschhoek Pass.” Race Director, Hennie Scheepers

Resources:

“We have considered all the outcomes and tried to adjust the route. Unfortunately, it will not be the same race without the iconic Franschhoek Pass.” Race Director, Hennie Scheepers

Our race organisers just love the word "iconic".... Wonder if he used to work for ASG... 

Anyway, interesting that they felt not being able to ride Franschoek was such a deal breaker, it's not as if there is a history of going over Franschoek pass for gravel grinder races. I assume they had to change venues if they wanted do an alternative route?

I had a look at the entrance fees. As much as I would like to do this, there is absolutely no way. 

I will be able to do 2 max. Guess I won't be taking part in the series. 

Really sorry that this might be the case.

All events that form part of this series are still individual events, hosted by different organizers. Hence the fact that entry fees are not the same across the board or the offering might not be the same. 

Grab a few mates, road trip together, looking forward to seeing you at the events you do choose to do. 

Keep it rolling.

i was going to ask due to franschhoek pass, but it seems there will be no 2019 event

Race to the Sea 2019 is postponed until further notice due to rockfall at Franschhoek Pass. Organizers have been in contact with the road agencies and it is clear the pass will not be ready by 19 October 2019. Online entries are closed and will reopen once we have a clear indication closer to the completion of the Franschhoek Pass.

Resources:

The series is only set to start in 2020. So hopefully the RTTSea will be good to go by then.