I'm considering starting a live-streamed cycling podcast. Would you listen?

DarrenV

I don't want to be a killjoy, but you look at GMBN and you need to realise that it has been a long journey to get to where it is now.

here's the first episode of GCN from 2013

there will no doubt be plenty who see this is an 'easy' thing to setup, but you need to be really good to standout from all other potential copycats.

if you can get something decent going, I'll be your biggest supporter

I haven't heard of these ones.  Thanks, I will be sure to check them out.

https://www.podcasts.com/mountain-biking

parked, old mutual were obviously ponying up cash for it.

download stats would be interesting to see

https://diverge.info/podcast/

this is current.

latest ALLRIDE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9zyERNF4A0

sitting on 690 views after a week.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like the guy who walked into a bar in Rome, held up 2 fingers and said '5 beers please'....

It mostly depends just how interesting the content is. I have found so many SA productions to be way too serious and factual, which ultimately makes them lifeless and boring.

If you made it 'fun', threw caution and PC into the bin, burned dopers, called crap races crap races and didn't bow down to etiquette and the powers that govern the sport, then yes.

But if you just had Frikkie and Fanie talking about W2W or the trail seeker series or Jo Endurobro dropping Gnar bombs and Loam bullets everywhere it just becomes same same, same same...

It's a fine line to tread trying to stay current without coming across as a giant colloquialism!

But good luck, I look forward to throwing in my V cents..... Peace  :whistling:

Let's be honest. How interesting is SA mountain biking really? Can it sustain a whole podcast? 

Also, every Tom, Dick, Harry and their dog has a podcast nowadays. It's actually insane once you get into it. Too much chaff, too little wheat. 

You need to know who your competition is. This whole youtuber movement is much like Airbnb. The good ones will do well and the bad ones won't

Remember all of us have access to youtube and there are HUNDREDS of okes out there with a Gopro and a few mates who can whip that think that they can pack it all in and become Youtubers. The good ones will survive and flourish. The bad ones won't.

Unless you are the world's most notorious doper with George Hincapie sitting across from you very few people will listen to your review of the TDF.

Most of the SA stuff I've seen is so boring and lifeless that I'd rather just watch my own snail's pace chesty cam footage.

Sorry if that's not what you want to hear. I was in the Alps 2 weeks ago and the amount of clowns talking into a Gopro was mind bending.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

It's like the guy who walked into a bar in Rome, held up 2 fingers and said '5 beers please'....

It mostly depends just how interesting the content is. I have found so many SA productions to be way too serious and factual, which ultimately makes them lifeless and boring.

If you made it 'fun', threw caution and PC into the bin, burned dopers, called crap races crap races and didn't bow down to etiquette and the powers that govern the sport, then yes.

But if you just had Frikkie and Fanie talking about W2W or the trail seeker series or Jo Endurobro dropping Gnar bombs and Loam bullets everywhere it just becomes same same, same same...

It's a fine line to tread trying to stay current without coming across as a giant colloquialism!

But good luck, I look forward to throwing in my V cents..... Peace  :whistling:

I agree.  Thanks for the helpful feedback.

Sorry, but NO. I barely even listen to other podcast or even partake in facebook.

Bikehub and some whats app groups is all I need. Rest of the time is family time, biking, fishing hiking or any other sport.

Maybe others have time to, but I just prefer not to.

Let's be honest. How interesting is SA mountain biking really? Can it sustain a whole podcast? 

Also, every Tom, Dick, Harry and their dog has a podcast nowadays. It's actually insane once you get into it. Too much chaff, too little wheat. 

Right?

BUT if someone 'Loosedog Lewissed' our trail centres and spoke openly about the riff raff it could be pretty fun to watch/listen to.

South Africans in general are dull. They don't get excited or enthusiastic in public unless they are #fuelledbyklippies or watching the boys sports against other boys sports, usually #fuelledbyklippies.

I rate this country has loads of radness to offer if people stopped worrying about their power metre and started enjoying their riding more

I don't want to be a killjoy, but you look at GMBN and you need to realise that it has been a long journey to get to where it is now.

here's the first episode of GCN from 2013

there will no doubt be plenty who see this is an 'easy' thing to setup, but you need to be really good to standout from all other potential copycats.

if you can get something decent going, I'll be your biggest supporter

https://www.podcasts.com/mountain-biking

parked, old mutual were obviously ponying up cash for it.

download stats would be interesting to see

https://diverge.info/podcast/

this is current.

latest ALLRIDE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9zyERNF4A0

sitting on 690 views after a week.

ha ha it has been a long journey for GCN to get to where they are now.  Definitely not going to be easy if I go ahead with the podcast.  Thanks for your help and links to the podcasts.

Right?

BUT if someone 'Loosedog Lewissed' our trail centres and spoke openly about the riff raff it could be pretty fun to watch/listen to.

South Africans in general are dull. They don't get excited or enthusiastic in public unless they are #fuelledbyklippies or watching the boys sports against other boys sports, usually #fuelledbyklippies.

I rate this country has loads of radness to offer if people stopped worrying about their power metre and started enjoying their riding more

Klippies induced rants.  Maybe the podcast could be sponsored by Klippies to make it more entertaining  :lol:

Right?

:w00t:  The truth doctor! Sounds like you're already auditioning for your own segment on the pod. 

ha ha it has been a long journey for GCN to get to where they are now.  Definitely not going to be easy if I go ahead with the podcast.  Thanks for your help and links to the podcasts.

can we give Dan a rating on his outfit here, out of 10

:w00t:  The truth doctor! Sounds like you're already auditioning for your own segment on the pod. 

Never!

When I hear a playback of my own voice I wonder how anyone talks to me or doesn't just hang up the phone.

I will rather sit at home and pass harsh judgement on others than force anyone to endure the grating nasal stoner cape town twang of my vocal chords!

Never!

When I hear a playback of my own voice I wonder how anyone talks to me or doesn't just hang up the phone.

I will rather sit at home and pass harsh judgement on others than force anyone to endure the grating nasal stoner cape town twang of my vocal chords!

are you Joel Stransky?