TOKEN TUESDAY - Save big on Tufo Tyres

Warren Foyn

post-6919-0-77777100-1565088580_thumb.jpg

The basic philosophy of Tufo Tyres is specialization in the development and production of tubular tyres – the best option for cycling sport. From the very beginning, TUFO worked hand in hand with many world champions and elite racers from all cycling disciplines. This cooperation makes the transition of theoretical knowledge from development and research into new products much easier. These days TUFO products are manufactured to the highest standards conforming to the strictest criteria in the races for a podium finish.

https://www.tufo.com/en/

post-6919-0-33225900-1565088684_thumb.png

SAVE 30% ON THE XC 11 TR 29" - NOW ONLY R695.00                    

TUFO XC11 TR Tubeless Ready 29″ MTB Tyre

Tubeless-ready all-purpose MTB tyre intended for XC and marathon racing. The tread pattern of the XC11 TR tyre provides low rolling resistance, is self-cleaning and has exceptionally good grip in a wide range of weather and terrain conditions. Because that’s what you need from a high-performance race tyre.

TUFO ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES

OIL SILICA
A soft compound (60 Shore A) developed for MTB cross country and marathon tyres. Adding a reasonable amount of oil to a polymer blend with Activated Silica improves traction and reduces rolling resistance.

SIDEWALL PROTECTION
A specially formulated slippery sidewall strip protects the most vulnerable part of certain MTB tubulars. This special sidewall strip allows the tubular to slide off sharp edges without damaging the tyre carcass.

VECTRAN PUNCTURE BARRIER
This most effective anti-puncture system is placed directly under the tread area. The core of the anti-puncture system is made from VECTRAN – liquid crystal polymer (LCP) fibres which are five times stronger than steel. VECTRAN also offers outstanding cut resistance and high impact resistance at a low weight – highly demanding properties for high-end bicycle tyres.

VECTRAN PUNCTURE BARRIER not only provides the best possible puncture protection but also ensures precise cornering and improved stability.

post-6919-0-90805400-1565088967_thumb.jpg

TUFO XC2 29″ Plus Tubular MTB Tyre

Super high end racing model for cross country. Tubular construction and extremely low weight give your ride speed, acceleration, dynamics and lightness so far not experienced. Universal tread pattern for all types of terrain except very deep mud. Placement of the tread blocks provides for effective traction when climbing and accelerating.

post-6919-0-68438300-1565089052_thumb.jpg

TUFO XC5 SP 29″ Tubular MTB Tyre

This tubular is constructed for all types of terrain – especially for mud. 

Suitable for highly demanding and aggressive terrain. Unique self-cleaning tread pattern ensures excellent traction, special side knobs provide for stable cornering. Coarse tread makes the ride confident, tubular has very good shock absorbency and high puncture resistance.

Do these tubular tyres fit on clincher rims like the road tubular clinchers or does one need a tubular mtb rim?

• 4 weeks later...