BOA parts replacement service

Lance Roberts

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to put a quick note about the very good service that I got from the guys who do the BOA dial systems for shoes. 

I noticed that my one lace was frayed quite badly and hanging on by a single thread. The shoes are quite old Scott shoes, so I thought it was going to be a mission to get them fixed.

I checked the hub a bit and noticed that someone mentioned a life time warranty on the BOA system, so I went to the website and found the warranty section. I entered my contact details, uploaded a picture of the lace (Including in the picture a shot of the brand of shoe, and also the round dial) and sent off the request.

This was on a Sunday afternoon after getting back from my ride. That night I got a confirmation of the order begin received, and the next morning I got a tracking number for the order.

The package was sent from Hong Kong via Fedex, at no charge for shipping or the item.

I received the package on Thursday and not only was it free of charge, but they sent me two replacement kits, so I could do both shoes. This was nice because the dial had changed design and would've looked different to the second shoe.

The replacement is very easy to do, so it took me about 10 minutes per shoe. They send you instructions, a torque screw driver and everything needed to do it.

Just remember to make sure you take a good picture, but the file must be no bigger than 2mb as far as I can remember, and also select the correct version of the dial during the warranty application process.

No fuss no muss.

post-41665-0-32870300-1565596327_thumb.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to put a quick note about the very good service that I got from the guys who do the BOA dial systems for shoes. 

I noticed that my one lace was frayed quite badly and hanging on by a single thread. The shoes are quite old Scott shoes, so I thought it was going to be a mission to get them fixed.

I checked the hub a bit and noticed that someone mentioned a life time warranty on the BOA system, so I went to the website and found the warranty section. I entered my contact details, uploaded a picture of the lace (Including in the picture a shot of the brand of shoe, and also the round dial) and sent off the request.

This was on a Sunday afternoon after getting back from my ride. That night I got a confirmation of the order begin received, and the next morning I got a tracking number for the order.

The package was sent from Hong Kong via Fedex, at no charge for shipping or the item.

I received the package on Thursday and not only was it free of charge, but they sent me two replacement kits, so I could do both shoes. This was nice because the dial had changed design and would've looked different to the second shoe.

The replacement is very easy to do, so it took me about 10 minutes per shoe. They send you instructions, a torque screw driver and everything needed to do it.

Just remember to make sure you take a good picture, but the file must be no bigger than 2mb as far as I can remember, and also select the correct version of the dial during the warranty application process.

No fuss no muss.

Awesome, what is the site. Would be a good reference for the hub. My one BOA has died on my Fizik.

"ripped" one off my left shoe this weekend in a clumsy tumble.....thought it was stuffed and immediately thought I would need to replace it. But picked it up and just snapped/clipped right back in lol. on I went on my merry way...albeit it a bit bruised

Edited by morneS555

Sounds awesome. I was just embarking to finding a repair solution for my lace that is about to fail... Lets hold thumbs that this works :)

My shoes had clear laces, but when I got my single replacement lace it was black. With their new system of including a photo, they probably won't send another to match.

Sounds awesome. I was just embarking to finding a repair solution for my lace that is about to fail... Lets hold thumbs that this works :)

I hope they don't prove me wrong by given you crappy service  :ph34r: Good luck 

Hi everyone,

No fuss no muss.

I had the same experience last month on an old pair of Scott shoes where the cable had snapped.

I mailed Scott to request a fix under warranty. The same day I stumbled upon the Boa site and requested a replacement. I just selected the dial that looked the same and didn't even need to upload a photo of the broken lace or proof or purchase or anything.

The next week 2x replacement kits arrived at my office, within the same time that Scott took to reply to my mail and tell me to take my shoes and proof of purchase to a dealer for them to photograph and confirm that the Boa is faulty, and confirm the shoe size and that I am the original owner and bla bla.

I had the same experience last month on an old pair of Scott shoes where the cable had snapped.

I mailed Scott to request a fix under warranty. The same day I stumbled upon the Boa site and requested a replacement. I just selected the dial that looked the same and didn't even need to upload a photo of the broken lace or proof or purchase or anything.

The next week 2x replacement kits arrived at my office, within the same time that Scott took to reply to my mail and tell me to take my shoes and proof of purchase to a dealer for them to photograph and confirm that the Boa is faulty, and confirm the shoe size and that I am the original owner and bla bla.

So you got proper customer service and the nonsense we have gotten used to in SA.

• 2 weeks later...