Cape Town Cycle Tour 2020

Long Wheel Base

Anyone know how the corporate entries work - I got one through my employer and they are saying we will all start together. I have my own seeding (~3G) so hoping the corporate groups don't start later than that.

Corporate entries are

5G at 8:54

5H Nedbank at 8:58

5J Charity at 9:02

:cursing:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody know how the Ebike entries are working? 

I know they are in a seperate category, but do they all start in the same (one) grup or are they scatterd all over the place?

Asking for a friend  :whistling:

i think it's a hangover from the 2 recently curtailed races, the wind last year but most importantly a k$k economy. joburg travellers to Ct this december ewas way down as well i'm told.

don't need to change a thing, people just need to arrive,

Agree 100%. Most events are down on entrants, not unique to the CTCT.

Many hubbers disagree with me but still feel there is a lot of scope for CTCT management to properly market their event and not just rely on a FB page and word of mouth to fill up the entries. Especially with the setbacks they had in the past few years.

Many hubbers disagree with me but still feel there is a lot of scope for CTCT management to properly market their event and not just rely on a FB page and word of mouth to fill up the entries. Especially with the setbacks they had in the past few years.

This....

I've also said, my parents said and even mates asked if there is still a "Argus" because they've seen nothing of it being advertised anywhere. I think the marketing team should up their game and not just rely on reputation.

Does he not eat when he's at home?

generally when people are at home they mostly eat whats in stock in their pantry, but for 3 meals a day for 3 days he'll be paying Cape Town pricing at restaurants and take aways.

I've been training my butt off for a year and I only get into 4B! One day, when I grow up, I will be in 1 or 2 and be able to have a drink the night before the race. For now, I will stick to three months teetotalling prior to the race and a planned time of 5 hours!

This....

I've also said, my parents said and even mates asked if there is still a "Argus" because they've seen nothing of it being advertised anywhere. I think the marketing team should up their game and not just rely on reputation.

I'm not sure the organizers necessarily want to return to a full capacity event as in previous years. I have said previously on this thread that I, for one,  quite prefer the "quieter" CTCT and I think that the current format and attendance suit the event best for all parties involved.

But that's just my 2c.     

Edited by Karooryder

generally when people are at home they mostly eat whats in stock in their pantry, but for 3 meals a day for 3 days he'll be paying Cape Town pricing at restaurants and take aways.

that's an option. or you get an airbnb self catering and walk to the shops if you want to save some cash. the fact remains even the food in your pantry at home is not free.

it's like people saying ironman costs you R50k to do because because because. The entry itself is only R5k, the rest you choose to spend if you buy into the hype of what is a "must have item".

So let me just ask the joburg guys a question. what's the cheapest budget you can do the argus weekend on without getting freebies from family. i'd think well short of R10k if you do a  bit of preplanning.

So they start last.

Not sure how they are going to stop the guys and ladies who have entered the general category who pitch up with Ebikes like last year. Shame some of the old trannies in their late 70s and the young chicks under 20 they dont know what an Ebike looks like compared to other bikes. Let's just hope people stay honest to themselves and start in the Ebike bunch if they have an Ebike.

Thanks for that. I have two friends entered but they didn't enter in the Ebike group at the time. Only afterwards they got Ebikes. They emailed the CTCT to request to be changed to Ebike group but their communications must have been lost because they are now in two other groups. 

that's an option. or you get an airbnb self catering and walk to the shops if you want to save some cash. the fact remains even the food in your pantry at home is not free.

it's like people saying ironman costs you R50k to do because because because. The entry itself is only R5k, the rest you choose to spend if you buy into the hype of what is a "must have item".

So let me just ask the joburg guys a question. what's the cheapest budget you can do the argus weekend on without getting freebies from family. i'd think well short of R10k if you do a  bit of preplanning.

without freebies I think his 5k is about the cheapest you're going to get.

Also not sure if his R2000 plane ticket includes bike transport, the airlines used to take your bike for free,i see most of them are now charging.

B.T.W. I've done CTCT on the cheap. Quick weekend roadtrip down, slap up a tent in fishhoek. 2 of us went down so alot of the expense was split 2 ways.

I think back then (probably around 2002 or so) it cost us around 3k or 4k each.

Edited by ouzo

without freebies I think his 5k is about the cheapest you're going to get.

Also not sure if his R2000 plane ticket includes bike transport, the airlines used to take your bike for free,i see most of them are now charging.

That depends. If you pack your bike into a regulation size box and keep the weight below 20kg as your only checked in luggage and pack a few changes of clothes into your lap top bag you are golden on 'most' internal flights.

Alternatively you could book your flight super early on a month end special for R1000 return and ask Tryptich to transport your bike up and down for you for a whopping R300 each way.

I reckon you could easily come to CT for 5k

I feel the CTCT is losing it's attraction and perhaps a reverse route or something needs to happen some time soon..

Until last week I actually thought the reverse route was the actual direction of the CTCT. No idea why haha. I'm obviously doing my first August this year. Watch out for the rookie in 1C!