Cape Town Cycle Tour 2020

Long Wheel Base

I went out anti clockwise this morning. Mostly because there was a run happening between Kommetjie and Scarborough and I didn't feel like mucking with their day.

Nearly got run over by a peloton in Main Road Muizenberg. Okes just didn't stop at the red light! WTF! That was a bonehead move boys. Respect the rules of the road. Sure 50 odd riders going single file is going to be stupid but running a red at 7:05am.....Come on.

Once heading north it wasn't plain sailing. Impatient motorists overtaking recklessly combined with those trying to pop out of side streets without looking and taking due care... WOW.

By the time I met up with my lady pal in Newlands I'd already had enough for one day.

Nice easy peaceful spin into town, bit of a draft through Mouille Point at which point I pick up three Remoras (sucker fish typically found surrounding a sharks mouth)

These three preceded to catch a free ride all the way to Bakoven. Not a hello, Not a "Hey do you mind if we ride along?" just sat there chillaxing talking about the weather while they removed my pal from my rear wheel. eventually she got gatvol and we decided to move our zone 2 ride to a zone 3 ride and Zone 6'd them.

Over the top of Suikerbossie and she tunes me to just roll lest the Remoras get reattached.

Climbing Chappies was a breeze as there was no riders ascending from Hout Bay.

Descnding was another story. I felt like Salon swimming upriver dodging cars, buses and a million cyclists engaged in the Armstrong 10 day training plan. The smell of Herbalife was rife in the air

Village Roast couldn't come soon enough but even that place no seems to be frequented by entitled queue jumpers.

I love the Argus but I'm really not a fan of week leading up to it. Should have removed myself from the Peninsula and gone off to the ToGH instead. Bring on the 8th and quickly may it pass so that life can return to normal. Amen

Tell us more about the salon swimming, you new age man(i).

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

......................The smell of Herbalife was rife in the air.....................

:clap:  :clap:

It is the smell of all those (Ok, to be honest, us) mamils frantically trying to lose a few kilograms before the big day to make up for a bad dose of under-training.

Edited by DJR

Looking at the weather the closer we get to the day the higher the likelyhood that I take up my correct seeding and go for that elusive respectable time rather than roll round with my BIL from 6E.

...............The smell of Herbalife was rife in the air................

We went through the City centre yesterday morning while literally a thousand cops and municipal workers were gathering at the Grand Parade in preparation to evict the hundreds of immigrants who camped in Green Market Square for the past 3 months. It smelled like TROUBLE so we took a quick right and outta there.............

Is the Corona Virus really worth all this or is it just a case of full blown fear mongering and sensationalism fueled by morons on social media?

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that it's only deadly if you are already sick/really old/young and frail or have other relevant disorders that can aid in it's potency?

I don't remember the world shutting down when that really bad swine flu hit us circa 2008ish.... Before socials..... Before every idiot armchair moron expert had a voice and the other idiot armchair moron experts all believed and elaborated on said opinions.

But what do I know.... I'm just an idiot armchair moron expert!

Is the Corona Virus really worth all this or is it just a case of full blown fear mongering and sensationalism fueled by morons on social media?

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that it's only deadly if you are already sick/really old/young and frail or have other relevant disorders that can aid in it's potency?

I don't remember the world shutting down when that really bad swine flu hit us circa 2008ish.... Before socials..... Before every idiot armchair moron expert had a voice and the other idiot armchair moron experts all believed and elaborated on said opinions.

I understand that there is real danger in a new virus, particularly one that is virulent (easily transmitted) AND not very lethal. Very efficient; because symptoms are often mild and you don't easily die, you can infect lots of people before/if you even know about it.

Worldwide deaths have just hit 3000 since the outbreak started late last year. As of this morning 86 000 of the 7 700 000 000 world's population have been diagnosed. This number will rise and many more will obviously die. But over 500 000 people died of flu last year. As with Covid-19, mostly the old and infirm.

But, according to the WHO there were 63 000 TB deaths in South Africa alone during 2018. If the stats still apply, it means that 10 500 people have died in SA since the outbreak of Covid-19.

If we wanted mass panic, is it not where it should be?

As a big fan of motogp even sundays opening race at qatar has been cancelled and now they also announced that the Thailand motogp will be cancelled

As a big fan of motogp even sundays opening race at qatar has been cancelled and now they also announced that the Thailand motogp will be cancelled

Wow this is insane...

Edited by JohanC

I understand that there is real danger in a new virus, particularly one that is virulent (easily transmitted) AND not very lethal. Very efficient; because symptoms are often mild and you don't easily die, you can infect lots of people before/if you even know about it.

Worldwide deaths have just hit 3000 since the outbreak started late last year. As of this morning 86 000 of the 7 700 000 000 world's population have been diagnosed. This number will rise and many more will obviously die. But over 500 000 people died of flu last year. As with Covid-19, mostly the old and infirm.

But, according to the WHO there were 63 000 TB deaths in South Africa alone during 2018. If the stats still apply, it means that 10 500 people have died in SA since the outbreak of Covid-19.

If we wanted mass panic, is it not where it should be?

It's well established that Bikehub is not the forum for common sense and lucid thought like these above

We come here to speculate, opinionate and denigrate

The world is about to end, the entire banking system is on the brink of collapse and we're all about to get infected with a mutating incurable disease set in motion by the illuminati

So enjoy the last CTCT everyone

It's well established that Bikehub is not the forum for common sense and lucid thought like these above

The world is about to end, the entire banking system is on the brink of collapse and we're all about to get infected with a mutating incurable disease set in motion by the illuminati

all doomsday preppers are LOL 

I'm in!

After 2 weeks off the bike with a cold ,felt better this morning but the sweats and runs are back.Unless a magic cure arrives looks like DNS!!!!@#$%^&*()