Cape Town Cycle Tour 2020

Long Wheel Base

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This Covid 19 stuff makes me wonder -

Number of people who have died of Covid19 so far globally - 3200.

Number of people who died in South Africa alone of TB in 2018 - 62000

Number of people who died of non-Covid19 influenza in ZA annually - approx 8000

R0 is a statistical concept used to quantify how contagious an infection might be.

Untrated TB - Approx 10. Common Influenza : Approx 2.

COVID19 -- estimates suggest about 2.2

Ride the CTCT folks - I don't think it's the massive mother nature corrective feedback loop we know we are due --- not this time.

Agree it’s probably not going to be an issue in the warmer climates I also think we are only starting to see the tip of the ice berg. Cycle Tour not an issue, but this could be a big killer if mortality rate around 5% vs 0,002% normal flu

I was at the Cigar bar

listening to a singer in a smoky room

To everyone that is scared of Corona

I’m still around.

Signed

Herpes

ok ill bite ....one more time 

^^ usually also goes hand in hand with the smell of wine and cheap perfume...

looks ok for now. Would have been nice to hit the road with the Saturday numbers (basically no wind at all).....but the temps (30+) would have been tougher. ill take this forecast any day of the week.

edit: numbers in kph

edit 2: depending on your outlook, either your window of opportunity or the wall of death. i'mhoping we stay in that gap all the way through. 

post-64325-0-40897000-1583464445_thumb.jpg

post-64325-0-65889500-1583465282_thumb.jpg

Edited by morneS555

ok ill bite ....one more time 

^^ usually also goes hand in hand with the smell of wine and cheap perfume...

I thought you guys were a bit younger than this

I'm quite impressed

I have the first world problem of picking out my ride for CTCT this morning

I am dropping back further to ride with a friend so I can expect an hour longer on Sunday which was always the plan but then the gun goes off...now I don't have the option to be the 2778th fastest

Best part is I am letting him ride one of my Colnagos so at least 2 bikes get to strut

I see they got the words wrong 'bottom middle'.... Shouldn't it say 'Believing' and not 'Keep Moving'?

(Quietly closes door after inserting ear worm... and go)

Damn you Jewbacca DAMN YOU! 

Starts humming the song and immediatly starts to swear...

The real race was last weekend guys

Awesome awesome stuff! 

so pissed off, my Gopro.. ( I won't mention which one but I have been enquiring as to which museum would like to buy my artifact) wouldn't record on Sunday so maybe that Hero 8 will come sooner rather than later....

As mentioned before, this will be my first CTCT.  I would like my wife to track my progress as they would like to wait at the finish line.  Are there any apps available to track the ride and progress of the cycle tour?

If they really wanted to cause a fuss, then the 1% have currently been playing with their toys at the waterfront this week. And is very open to the public

https://youtu.be/ewv_jrM3mpg

To make it cycling relevant, I got one of the meteorologists racing to have a look see at the weather for Sunday. You won't get a better prediction than this:

Generally it looks like there will be a bit of cloud around early on, slowly lifting through the day. But unlikely you’re have any drizzle or anything.

Temperature between 17-21 from early morning to early afternoon.

Wind will be southerly light in the morning and building through the day. 5-12kn in the morning.

But by 11am in the 10-18kn range. At the top of the climbs or in areas where it funnels through the gaps, you could see 25kn by midday.

Hopefully that helps bud.

I have the first world problem of picking out my ride for CTCT this morning

I am dropping back further to ride with a friend so I can expect an hour longer on Sunday which was always the plan but then the gun goes off...now I don't have the option to be the 2778th fastest

Best part is I am letting him ride one of my Colnagos so at least 2 bikes get to strut

Have you considered an BMX..... :ph34r:

As mentioned before, this will be my first CTCT.  I would like my wife to track my progress as they would like to wait at the finish line.  Are there any apps available to track the ride and progress of the cycle tour?

Find friends on iphone .. Whatsapp share location , 

the racetec app is very hit/miss .. sometimes works, mostley not.

I generally find location sharing on google maps works well.

Just select location sharing via the app with your wifes profile and as long as your phones GPS is on she can track you.