Cape Town Cycle Tour 2020

Long Wheel Base

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the first night went as planned, only got to bed at 2:30 this morning, spent the whole day lounging and babbeleering in the pool. Had a couple of regmakers. In bed now. 

Excited for Tomorrow. Enjoy! 

Ffs blew a spoke coming down Constantia hill. Rim = in its moer so that's my first mechanical retirement.

So frustrating. Perfect weather and lead up to this event [emoji24]

Ffs blew a spoke coming down Constantia hill. Rim = in its moer so that's my first mechanical retirement.

So frustrating. Perfect weather and lead up to this event [emoji24]

but you live to fight another day

Wow, this 1minute apart start times created the largest bunch I’ve ever ridden in. Every time the road narrowed the bunch basically came to a standstill. A couple crashes in between also.

If this is PPA’s intention, they can simplify things and give everyone the same start time next year.

I'm over the moon with my first sub 3 from 2A in my 3rd year of riding. It was a beautiful day and completely drama free

Well done. Not easily achieved from 2* and lower.

Suspect today was a day for PBs.

Well done. Not easily achieved from 2* and lower.

Suspect today was a day for PBs.

Wind seems to have picked up.

Later starters may find it tougher out there.

Wow, this 1minute apart start times created the largest bunch I’ve ever ridden in. Every time the road narrowed the bunch basically came to a standstill. A couple crashes in between also.

Yup, I thought the 1min gaps could make it interesting.

Basically every bunch would've been able to see the back of the earlier bunch only 30sec up the road! It created some serious white line fever in 1J!

Dunno exactly how big our bunch was by Simonstown but it was a monster..

I'm guessing the organisers are under pressure to get the roads open earlier hence trying to get everyone started ASAP.