Cape Town Cycle Tour 2020

Long Wheel Base

Biggest disappointment of the day surely has to be the guy in his Borat Man-kini on a spinning bike around the start of Smits was nowhere to be seen this year...

I agree. Maybe waiting for his E-Bike stationary bike to arrive

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my wife did it with a spare battery. Made for a lot happier wife.

Reckon there is a business model for a battery change service/table at the top of Smits or a whole new bike fully charged :-)

The guys playing "eye of the tiger" and pretending to be boxing all day had a charging station. While I was having my drink two folk stopped for a charge up of the batteries.

Your idea is not a bad one though.

The guys playing "eye of the tiger" and pretending to be boxing all day had a charging station. While I was having my drink two folk stopped for a charge up of the batteries.

Your idea is not a bad one though.

when exercising, that song never gets old!

I loved that crowd. They looked like they were having the most fun

I wanted to join in, but I knew if I stopped peddling at that stage I would cramp up.

Biggest disappointment of the day surely has to be the guy in his Borat Man-kini on a spinning bike around the start of Smits was nowhere to be seen this year...

I disagree...

I'm still looking for the Aunty that flashed me in 1996 - Ok maybe not her but you know what I mean. 

I disagree...

I'm still looking for the Aunty that flashed me in 1996 - Ok maybe not her but you know what I mean. 

The notoriously legendary boob flasher has, unfortunately, still evaded me

Eish - When we passed there 7h30(ish?) that song was already playing, when I passed there again after 13h00 the song was still playing - I'm sure that oke & girls never want to hear that song ever again!

indeeeeed, and not just any spinning bike, a 70's one

i will drop off a letter in their postbox demanding a return for 2021

Hi guys

My current seeding index is 64.60, not the best but i only started riding last year August. Does the CTCT times affect my seeding or not. 

I did 3h56mins. A very slow finish due to leg cramps. LOL

How many serious incidents and deaths were there this year? Very little news in that regard.

My wife stopped for a guy somewhere on the lower slopes of Smitswinkel who had lost consciousness.

(She's a ICU sister)

By the time she left he was doing ok. They loaded him into a ambulance and took him off to hospital for observation (he'd only suffered from soft tissue damage).

Side note - make sure you cycle with your phone in your pocket, and not in your saddle bag. The first thing they do when you crash is they haul your bike off, never to be seen again. And then it's impossible to reach the outside world.

I’m finding as the years go on, fewer and fewer spectators are out there.

I recall in the first few I did, late 90s early 2000s, if you looked like you were stopping in suikerbossie there was someone there to edge you along or push you

Simon’s Town “bus stop” was one big party zone, fish Hoek was full of spectators.

Edited by ouzo

I’m finding as the years go on, fewer and fewer spectators are out there.

I recall in the first few I did, late 90s early 2000s, if you looked like you were stopping in suikerbossie there was someone there to edge you along or push you

Simon’s Town “bus stop” was one big party zone, fish Hoek was full of spectators.

People dont like cyclists anymore because of those arrogant okes that block the roads and cycle 3 abreast ........and jump red lights

Or they were all scared of the coronavirus lol