Cape Town Cycle Tour 2020

Long Wheel Base

I understand that you get Vitality points for doing CTCT, how and when do you get these allocated ?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that you get Vitality points for doing CTCT, how and when do you get these allocated ?

Last time I checked, one needs to claim for these manually on the app.

Race number and finishing time needed IIRC

At the start, are our times started at the gun or after we cross the first mat? (Sure it's been answered before but I've missed it)

I am just as unsure, as they announced it starts by the mat on the boulevard

I saw a badge available for the race on Garmin Connect but for some reason I never got it. Not sure how it was meant to pick it up. 

Did anyone using Garmin Connect get the CTCT 2020 badge?

I am just as unsure, as they announced it starts by the mat on the boulevard

Gun.

did some upgrades to the CTCT wikipage which didn't even have Sam Gaze' victory recorded, not sure what we pay Ballhairs to do for the other 364 days of the year to be honest

if anyone has something that really needs to go in, lemme know.

am thinking of adding subsections

*why it's called the Argus

*the sub3 mythical barrier

*the weather predictions

*the borat mankini fiasco

*can you go Hoopla when not wearing skintight clothing?

*yearly rankings on the goodie bag

*suikerbossie/muiscal interlude 

Gun

I didn't know this  - I reckon it was over a minute from gun to us crossing the mat - we started at the back of our group and were properly casual in going off - wasn't long before the group behind was on us.

If I did a 3.01 and that was the reason I would be annoyed with myself - luckily that's not going to happen

I didn't know this - I reckon it was over a minute from gun to us crossing the mat - we started at the back of our group and were properly casual in going off - wasn't long before the group behind was on us.

If I did a 3.01 and that was the reason I would be annoyed with myself - luckily that's not going to happen

My mates Strava showed 2:58 and some change and he missed sub 3 by 1 second. That would explain it I guess

Many years ago when we still did 105km, the original finish was always a walk for the last few metres, you could easily be stationary/walking for like 5 min before you crossed the line but somehow they always got your time right ito removing how long you were walking for before crossing the line. and that was pre timing chip days. I don't even know how they got your time. Surely they never had people writing numbers down as they crossed the line????

ALWAYS start your time as the gun goes off, that way if they change their mind you score a bit of time, but you will hopefully never lose time.

Most people make the mistake at least once. The clever people only do it once.

Many years ago when we still did 105km, the original finish was always a walk for the last few metres, you could easily be stationary/walking for like 5 min before you crossed the line but somehow they always got your time right ito removing how long you were walking for before crossing the line. and that was pre timing chip days. I don't even know how they got your time. Surely they never had people writing numbers down as they crossed the line????

From what I can remember, it was done with photographs. Back in the day when we had to have a front and back number.

Which is why it took a week to get the results. In the newspaper. The ARGUS newspaper. Cracking the first 1000 for the first time was pretty cool, as that was the front page!

I saw a badge available for the race on Garmin Connect but for some reason I never got it. Not sure how it was meant to pick it up. 

Did anyone using Garmin Connect get the CTCT 2020 badge?

Also did not get one. The only reason I could think of was that I did not measure 109k's. Mine was 108.64... Maybe that was the prerequisite for the badge?

Also did not get one. The only reason I could think of was that I did not measure 109k's. Mine was 108.64... Maybe that was the prerequisite for the badge?

Sounds logical. Mine is 108.20km. O well.