Cape Town Cycle Tour 2020

Long Wheel Base

Hi Nutty,

A water bottle came out and I think you hit it, which put you into Cameron. You hit the ground very hard, he was in shock as you were not moving or awake. He stayed till medical arrived.

I hope you heal fast bud.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Nutty,

A water bottle came out and I think you hit it, which put you into Cameron. You hit the ground very hard, he was in shock as you were not moving or awake. He stayed till medical arrived.

I hope you heal fast bud.

did anyone get their vitality points for the race yet ?

because my HR was not working, they have only given me the default 100 points.

I've manually submitted my result, lets see what happens.

I eventually got my 1500 points. Took a few days.

Thanks so much. I still have complete amnesia of the incident, and the day after, so your response is much appreciated.

I remember nothing at all until tuesday, my last memory is cresting the top of smits feeling elated in the front line of riders who were mostly dressed in black.

I am recovering in constantiaberg hospital, having had multiple surgeries. Active rehab to follow when my body is strong enough to take it. It's a long road so I need to accept the situation with patience.

I am hugely grateful to every person (Ian and others) who stopped for me and ensured I was well taken care of. It's a kindness which I am sure played a big positive part in my recovery. It's really bothered me that I dont remember anything, but I am super grateful that complete strangers stopped to help me in a very desperate situation.

I will definitely be riding again as soon as I able. Am looking out the window in envy ????

Thanks so much. I still have complete amnesia of the incident, and the day after, so your response is much appreciated.

I remember nothing at all until tuesday, my last memory is cresting the top of smits feeling elated in the front line of riders who were mostly dressed in black.

I am recovering in constantiaberg hospital, having had multiple surgeries. Active rehab to follow when my body is strong enough to take it. It's a long road so I need to accept the situation with patience.

I am hugely grateful to every person (Ian and others) who stopped for me and ensured I was well taken care of. It's a kindness which I am sure played a big positive part in my recovery. It's really bothered me that I dont remember anything, but I am super grateful that complete strangers stopped to help me in a very desperate situation.

I will definitely be riding again as soon as I able. Am looking out the window in envy ????

I don't know if it is an urban myth or not:The brother of a old high-school friend was a paramedic for a few years, and apparently they had some meds on hand for use in extremely bad accidents where they didn't want the survivors to remember the gory aftermath at the crash scene.

Don't know if this is feasible, or whether the trauma to the head does lead to short term amnesia naturally...

I don't know if it is an urban myth or not:The brother of a old high-school friend was a paramedic for a few years, and apparently they had some meds on hand for use in extremely bad accidents where they didn't want the survivors to remember the gory aftermath at the crash scene.

Don't know if this is feasible, or whether the trauma to the head does lead to short term amnesia naturally...

Don't know about whether paramedics use it, but Rohypnol has that effect.

• 3 weeks later...

beta in at 0.89...  interesting.

I also note that all the 100+ km this year (including the CTCT) are carrying a penalty of 15 points...

Edit:  That's on racetec, not on PPA

Edited by Sbloomer

Its always wrong beta till they wake up and set it as base event.  Last time they only fixed it in November If i recall

I also note that all the 100+ km this year (including the CTCT) are carrying a penalty of 15 points...

Edit:  That's on racetec, not on PPA

Make sure you not checking MTB seeding (log out and in again)

Its always wrong beta till they wake up and set it as base event.  Last time they only fixed it in November If i recall

Oh, well that's good

Damn, you beat me to it!

I will definitely be riding again as soon as I able. Am looking out the window in envy

I had a bad tumble a few years back and knocked my pip hard as well. I also could not remember anything of the crash or the immediate aftermath for about 3 years, then suddenly one day, out of the blue, in the middle of a meeting of all places, the entire episode played over again in my mind, and I remembered the whole thing, including my last vloek before it went "black" as well as the kind people who assisted me afterwards. No paramedics were in attendance.

Amazing, if you think about it, there has not been a single Covid19 case traced to a CTCT contact..........lucky we were indeed! Looking back, we were so lucky it went ahead at all......same for Eroica SA the weekend after. Here's to a virus and wind free 2021 CTCT! Crossing fingers, holding thumbs, touching wood, rubbing my rabbits foot and have a horseshoe in my pocket! :)