2019 Nissan Trailseeker #4 Wellington

Skubarra

Any hubbers going through to Wellington for this one?

SASeeding is under impression that I last did an event in 2015 so I guess I can be grateful not to be seeded right at the back...

But weather is looking good and I always enjoy the trails that side so looking forward to tomorrow.

Yep, the trails are stunning out there, Im  

hoping in a good shape after the rains we have had. I am going to get stuck into the 40KM.. that should give me enough time to sink a little grape juice after the ride  :thumbup:

Edited by T-Bag68

Doing the long one, little stressed out since I've only done the 40/50ks at Yzerfontein & Stellies that had nowhere near that kind of elevation, let's see how it goes :D

Edited by Jbr

Wind made it tough but enjoyed the Wellington trails as always. Well organised as well, like it that I didn't have to register.

Only moan is having to race together with ebikes. Pulled over twice on singletrack climbs for faster riders only to see an ebike zip past me. Don't know if it is just me raging against the inevitable but I would make an effort to support events that don't mix ebikes & normal bikes.

Wind made it tough but enjoyed the Wellington trails as always. Well organised as well, like it that I didn't have to register.

Only moan is having to race together with ebikes. Pulled over twice on singletrack climbs for faster riders only to see an ebike zip past me. Don't know if it is just me raging against the inevitable but I would make an effort to support events that don't mix ebikes & normal bikes.

Uncool to mix, hey.

Agreed.

E-Bikes and good riders on normal bikes fighting for trail space is going to end up in fisty cuffs soon.

Had the same issue in Hemel and Arde trailseeker. This ballie would try his utmost to pass going up then I would pass him easily on the descend.

What really erks me is how he is was trying so hard to be so competitive with a ebike? ????‍♂️

Anyway bleek to miss out today due to week with a proper cold ????????

Didn't see a single ebike on the trail today despite the 70km, 40km 20km and 10 km routes sharing a lot of track. Counted about 9 splits.

Cue Frozens Let it go "

I don't mind the e-bikes in the mix, but if I hear that distinct motor zing behind me on a single track climb, they will ma have to wait for a spot to pass or go bundo bashing. Anyway if you are behind me you will be lucky to make top 100 so what's the rush. Relax and enjoy the trails.

Didn't see a single ebike on the trail today despite the 70km, 40km 20km and 10 km routes sharing a lot of track. Counted about 9 splits.

Cue Frozens Let it go "

Uhm there was an official 40km e-bike category that started just behind the normal 40km. Look it up on the results if you don't believe me

Uhm there was an official 40km e-bike category that started just behind the normal 40km. Look it up on the results if you don't believe me

Don't need to check as I'm not disputing that there were ebike categories. What I am saying is that there was sufficient gap from my start batch in the 70km marathon to the ebike categories for them not to be a problem for us.

even if I did encounter them I am riding my own race against fellow competitors. Ebikes are doing the same...

what I could have used was an ebike in front of me into the headwind on the big climbs!!!

Don't need to check as I'm not disputing that there were ebike categories. What I am saying is that there was sufficient gap from my start batch in the 70km marathon to the ebike categories for them not to be a problem for us.

even if I did encounter them I am riding my own race against fellow competitors. Ebikes are doing the same...

what I could have used was an ebike in front of me into the headwind on the big climbs!!!

All the ebikes were on the 40km route, I only encountered the 70km riders on the last few km's before the finish, so the ebikes were probably long finished by the time you saw the riders from other routes.

All the ebikes were on the 40km route, I only encountered the 70km riders on the last few km's before the finish, so the ebikes were probably long finished by the time you saw the riders from other routes.

Like I said there was plenty of sections we shared and didn't encounter them so the staggering of the start groups worked.

where the mid field to back end of the field might have encountered e-bikes but the mid field is only there for personal gain. So the Race results were not affected. Maybe a few fun riders got their noses out of joint

Like I said there was plenty of sections we shared and didn't encounter them so the staggering of the start groups worked.

where the mid field to back end of the field might have encountered e-bikes but the mid field is only there for personal gain. So the Race results were not affected. Maybe a few fun riders got their noses out of joint

You didn't even do the same event as the ebikes but because you didn't encounter them on the few sections the routes shared everything is fine, ok then.

First 2 ladies were on ebikes, top men stayed ahead of them but almost all the ebikes finished in the front 3rd of the field. I guess I count as one of the "fun riders who got their noses out of joint" ,I make no excuse for being unhappy at being officially beaten by people on motorized vehicles and having my ride disrupted by them.