2019 Nissan Trailseeker #4 Wellington

Skubarra

So just a thought - when the 70km merged with the 40km - did you or would you of felt the same if the 70km riders went past you or overtook ?

These events need to cater for all classes of riders - remember some of the ebikers ride those bikes for medical reasons

I’m not sure your right or wrong but I do think the organizers do their best to be all inclusive and do a good job of it

Maybe enter the longer route next time - I did the long route and as tough as it was - what incredible trails and amazing views - just being out there is a blessing ????

Simple: if there is any risk that eBike riders could compete in climbs with non eBike riders of a strong category only to be overtaken again or forming a hindrance in the next downhill then the organizer must reschedule the routing. That must not happen. It is in the hand of the organizer to get that right if he elects to mix different sports. 

So just a thought - when the 70km merged with the 40km - did you or would you of felt the same if the 70km riders went past you or overtook ?

These events need to cater for all classes of riders - remember some of the ebikers ride those bikes for medical reasons

I’m not sure your right or wrong but I do think the organizers do their best to be all inclusive and do a good job of it

Maybe enter the longer route next time - I did the long route and as tough as it was - what incredible trails and amazing views - just being out there is a blessing

Yes, every now and then it causes incidents & complaints when routes merge and faster riders on one route are held up by slower riders from another. I have seen organisers getting much better at avoiding this over the years - I imagine this is why the 70km & 40km events with overlapping routes started an 1h30 apart?

I foresee the same arrangement in future for ebikes when there are enough numbers, but until then normal cyclists would have to live with the annoyance.

Like I said on another thread - I think the popular hub narrative that ebike riders are mostly medical invalids who would otherwise be cruelly denied partaking in the sport is naive at best. Most of them seems to be perfectly healthy individuals who just happen to like riding ebikes.

And on your last point - only a matter of time before ebikes batteries improve to the extent that they can do all distances - so picking the long route not really a permanent solution.

Did not really want to turn this thread into an anti e-bike rant, it was a bit of an annoyance not something that entirely ruined my day. I just think it's something that organisers should deal with better, not just mix us up and hope for the best.

It is going to take a new battery technology to make range and low weight at affordable prices mainstream for ebikes. That technology is still only a concept at Toyota

Haven't seen a single ebike starting the 70k from B batch and finishing in 4h09.

I don't really give a f***, I was never pushed out of the trail by one in a race, happy they have a separate ranking though. What is hard on the moral is when riders twice my age started overtaking me in the last 20km of the race, and I thought I was reasonnably fit :D :D

Anyways, the last 20ks were super tough but glad I made it to the end, hopefully next week the Elgin Valley won't be as hard, I hope to finish it under 4 hours this time !

Edited by Jbr

I started in B to chill with friends on the 40KM, and if I had a 9mil :cursing:  :devil:  :whistling: on me, got taken out on two climbs by Ebikes racing. In my opinion ebikes need to start first for the day and given 30min head start, not in the middle. 

I thought it was the case, how stupid is it to make them start from behind ??

They probably consulted the hub experts who convinced them all ebikes ride slowly at the back of the field competing for 655th place  :P 

Had an awesome day out there on Saturday, always a treat :-) I started in A batch and was at the front of the start shoot. When i seen a bunch of school kids built for speed and clearly wanting to give it horns, I moved my ass out the way and gave them there space. After last year, coming in at 4th place in the Masters and not knowing there was a podium, I came back this year wanting to have my own battle out there :-) I can happily say I made 2nd in Masters, but there was no Podium (such is life:-) ) So back to the race, or my race, there was twice when I heard the buzz of an E-Bike on some single track climb, and I made sure I created a gap as I'm not there to spoil anyones race, as they might of had a goal, just as I did. But the sad reality was that on the way down, they never returned the favor, this left me a little disappointed. Will I move over again, yes, but do feel that a bigger time gap needs to be applied. I personally feel that they should start further back, then by the time they get the chance to pass all the other riders, Im drinking beer and wine on the finish line  :clap:  :thumbup:

Just got an email that we can download the photos taken of us by Jetline Action Photos for free  :thumbup:

Struggle to remember the last time I did an event where organisers did that - now that is a cool freebee!

I might just forgive them for mixing us up with ebikes  ;)

Just got an email that we can download the photos taken of us by Jetline Action Photos for free  :thumbup:

Struggle to remember the last time I did an event where organisers did that - now that is a cool freebee!

I might just forgive them for mixing us up with ebikes  ;)

I downloaded mine yesterday  :clap:  with or without the Nissan banner... Very cool bonus  :thumbup: