E Bike cheats

waynen

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem with modern road E bikes is that you cannot tell that they e bikes unless u really know what to look for.  MTB e bikes at the moment are easy to spot (not for long though).  Have a look at this.  Your average Pedal Power tannie will never spot this bike 

csm_2019_Aria_E_Ultegra_YOBN8I1D_01_64be

What i said - start them earlier - problem sorted

Hold on...

They should not start earlier, thereby these wannabees getting the trails in top condition and riding (usually) at the best time of the day with awesome water-points and back in camp before the heat of the day.  This privilege should go to the true cyclists.

They should start last, long enough back so that they cannot catch any back markers, spend most of the day in the sun and wind, get to water-points that are pretty much used up, and then to the end when the beers are lekka warm and the burgers are cold. 

Hopefully this will get them to become real cyclists and drop the motorized assisted vehicles for a lekka real MTBike that requires leg-power.

Generalise? That means making a comment that is widely applicable or to large groups.

How big is the group of people that ride an eBikes in timed MTB races AND Call their friends chyna AND used to cheat at golf AND drink and drive AND Listen to David Guetta Titaaaaaniuuuummmmm AND drive an a Wildtrak for this to be a generalization?

If this population exists somewhere, we need to send in documentary team.

Edit: Sorry, I just saw that about 3 million people watch WWE, so it is a pretty large group.

have you never been to boksburg ?

Problem with modern road E bikes is that you cannot tell that they e bikes unless u really know what to look for. MTB e bikes at the moment are easy to spot (not for long though). Have a look at this. Your average Pedal Power tannie will never spot this bike

csm_2019_Aria_E_Ultegra_YOBN8I1D_01_64be

Trust me, seen enough of them, it’s easy to spot when someone is riding with battery power.

Regarding E bikes racing or participating in events I think the Joberg2c rules are pretty good. #justsaying

Quite clear on their website

The event I mentioned many pages back where ebikes & normal bikes were mixed was the Nissan Trailseeker at Wellington which also doubled as an official WP Regional XCM event (the other trailseeker in the WC was also an official WP XCM event), so the rules re e-bikes were quite blatantly disregarded for official CSA events unless I'm missing something?

the E-xbike category and the 40km marathon category where not run on the same course at the same time as they had different start times. The UCI ruling prevents an e-bike form starting with a push bike in the same start group at the same time.

Not a flagrant disregard for the rules but the correct interpretation

the E-xbike category and the 40km marathon category where not run on the same course at the same time as they had different start times. The UCI ruling prevents an e-bike form starting with a push bike in the same start group at the same time.

Not a flagrant disregard for the rules but the correct interpretation

Following on from the Trailseeker thread you seem quite determined to disprove everything I mentioned about the ebikes despite not even riding in the 40km yourself. Can't imagine what your agenda is here?

I was there. I saw the ebikes in the starting chute mixed with the other bikes. I saw them passing me. So no DieselnDust, they were not on a different course at a different time.

But luckily you don't have to take my word for it - look at the official results for the 40km

https://results.finishtime.co.za/results.aspx?CId=35&RId=2860&EId=3

Look at the starting waves of the people that rode ebikes, they started in B & C with the other riders. The organisers didn't even bother to list their results seperately. If you want I can PM you my strava ride so that you can see the ebikes passing me on the "Flybys".

Following on from the Trailseeker thread you seem quite determined to disprove everything I mentioned about the ebikes despite not even riding in the 40km yourself. Can't imagine what your agenda is here?

I was there. I saw the ebikes in the starting chute mixed with the other bikes. I saw them passing me. So no DieselnDust, they were not on a different course at a different time.

But luckily you don't have to take my word for it - look at the official results for the 40km

Look at the starting waves of the people that rode ebikes, they started in B & C with the other riders. The organisers didn't even bother to list their results seperately. If you want I can PM you my strava ride so that you can see the ebikes passing me on the "Flybys".

I have a can of worms (crying out) to be opened, but I'll take the advise my mother once told me... if I don't have anything good to say about someone, rather keep quiet... that someone is (1) CyclingSA, and (2) their consistency in enforcing the rules.  :whistling:

yes I see what you mean. That's not how it was sold. They were supposed to have their own start group not mix it in with the regular push bikes. Thats an epic fail,.....one of numerous on the day

Patches, you will love this new ebike that was introduced at Royal Cape Golf Club hahaha

76bdf61d8e6eaa8d5c800437ba1f9d47.jpg

A golfer on an eBike, a thermo nuclear reaction of douchery is about to happen! I would also cover my face in shame.

Even has white tyre decals like those BF Goodrich ones the guys like putting on their Wildtraks

Edited by Patchelicious