Moot Area Ladies Ride

Nika Theron

Looking for ladies that can join me for late afternoon rides during the week (16:30) in the Moot area Pretoria.

It's been a while since I did long distances on my bike and I want to get in shape for some serious cycling on weekends. As being a woman myself (obviously) I don't find it comfortable cycling alone or with strange men as I am happily married. I don't want to join a club in my area as they don't do a lot of week rides, when they ride it's a 50km ride (I am not ready for it mentally or physically) and I have my own schedule on weekends that include Buffelsdrift, Hazeldean Valley, Wolwespruit and Rosemary Hill, which you are welcome to join (its the easy tracks though- for now).

In the times we live in, I would like to first have a meet and greet in a public place, we can discuss routes, daily meeting point and meeting someone beforehand takes the awkwardness away from first rides. You can whats app me if interested, would be amazing if this can evolve into a ladies group and friendship. 0712382442

Cycling Regards,

Annika 

My suggestion, and no I'm not a lady  :)

1. Join the PEMBI group on vleisboek (Pretoria East Mountain bikers)
  2. Then look up Chantal Wooding - She has a group called the "rocky chicks" or something like that.

Hope this helps  :thumbup:

2. Then look up Chantal Wooding - She has a group called the "rocky chicks" or something like that.

Hahaha Robert, I dont have vleisboek.

Edited by Nika Theron

Hahaha Robert, I dont have vleisboek.

Plus Robert, Pretoria-East is very far removed from the Moot, both in character and location.  :P

Good luck with setting this up Annika, I'm sure there are allot of ladies that share your sentiment in our area. My sister has also started riding recently, I'll check with her if she is keen and will PM you if she wants to meet up.

Plus Robert, Pretoria-East is very far removed from the Moot, both in character and location.  :P

Good luck with setting this up Annika, I'm sure there are allot of ladies that share your sentiment in our area. My sister has also started riding recently, I'll check with her if she is keen and will PM you if she wants to meet up.

Thank you so much! 

True dat! 

The reason for my statement was two-fold: 

• Members on the PEMBI group does not only reside in the East of Pretoria - some are in the UK and others as far down as Sedgefield. This led me to believe that there may very well be some folks in and around the Moot / Valeria / Rietvlei area who's part of said group
  • The OP has mentioned that she does ride at RH, Cowhouse, Wolwespruit and Buffels over weekends. This also assisted me in my Sherlock deduction  :whistling:.

EDIT: 

What's also nice about the PEMBI group for people looking to ride with someone or get to know people is that there's a lot of group rides where you can meet up and meet 20-50 riders all at once. 

I personally do not use vleisboek either but for someone looking for a riding partner I do think it will add value 

Edited by RobertWhitehead

Its a bit inconvenient to drive all the way to pta east during the week for a group ride - traffic is just not worth it.