Human Rights Cycle Tour

babse

The Human Rights Cycle Tour, through the work of the Human Rights Centre, is an event that goes beyond the memorialisation of the heroic struggles of the past. It also foregrounds the contemporary global human rights agenda.

The above is our official theme for the Human Rights Cycle Tour (HRCT). Cycling is a centuries-long mode of transport, an excellent form of exercise and, above all, a symbol of freedom through movement. Its symbolism is significantly enhanced by the rich history of struggle for human rights in South Africa.

The HRCT route is a ± 75km event and traverses major human rights memorials and landmarks, including the Cape Town Parade, the Castle of Good Hope, site of the battle of Blaauwberg, site of the battle of Lisbeek, to the site of the Trojan Horse massacre in Athlone where blood was shed in the quest for justice, equality and dignity for all.

However, the HRCT, through the work of the Human Rights Centre, is an event that goes beyond the memorialisation of the heroic struggles of the past. It also foregrounds the contemporary global human rights agenda.

DETAILS

Distance & Route: ± 75km

Passing major human rights memorials and landmarks

Minimum age of entrants: 13yrs 

Prizes awarded: 1st, 2nd & 3rd place

Entry Fee – R295 (non PPA), R275 (PPA)

Race timing by Racetec

post-30349-0-60216600-1566308315.jpg

I heard there will be a launch happening soon and hopefully we will find out more about organizers and so on... Really hope they can pull it off!

• 1 month later...