Tokai Trails

jimmy hardtail

Same reason you can buy sushi but not roast chicken? Electrical tape but not silicon bath sealant....?

I bought silicon bath sealant from Checkers Muizenberg on Monday..... Just saying

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought silicon bath sealant from Checkers Muizenberg on Monday..... Just saying

Checkers has been hilarious. They haven't stopped selling anything really. Went to Blue Route last week and got some electronic kit, hot wheels and toys for the kids, dogs toys, a potjie, pool salt and you could buy basically anything apart from clothes. Even in Constantia the PnP has loads of areas roped off while at the checkers is all up for grabs. 

Checkers has been hilarious. They haven't stopped selling anything really. Went to Blue Route last week and got some electronic kit, hot wheels and toys for the kids, dogs toys, a potjie, pool salt and you could buy basically anything apart from clothes. Even in Constantia the PnP has loads of areas roped off while at the checkers is all up for grabs. 

According to a recently shared spreadsheet, my closest Checkers has just been shut 'cos of a positive test result. 

I truly don't see the sense in allowing people to exercise withing 5 km from home and then not allowing them onto something like the Constantia Green Belts. Simply makes zero sense. It is physically open, there is no access control, no workers needed at gates or ticket sales, no rangers needed to patrol, it is on peoples doorstep, safer than to walk in the street, certainly safer than a shopping mall. the same applies to the front of Table Mountain as well. To those living close by, it is like the neighbourhood park. Why keep it closed? (Btw, I do not live close to the greenbelts)

Someone please explain to me why, or I may just start my personal civil disobedience campaign

You're expecting legislation written by a Zuma to make sense.

You're better than that, I know you are...

Some random employee at PnP must have been given a list and stuff not on it was randomly blocked...in the words of Little Britain..."computer says No"

According to a recently shared spreadsheet, my closest Checkers has just been shut 'cos of a positive test result. 

Fook.  :eek: Where was it, Plumsted? I'm suprised Constantia hasn't been hot spot as it's full of oldies,  euro - swallows and people who defiantly DGAF about others! Just for this example I live in Graylands... 

Fook.  :eek: Where was it, Plumsted? I'm suprised Constantia hasn't been hot spot as it's full of oldies,  euro - swallows and people who defiantly DGAF about others! Just for this example I live in Graylands... 

Ja.... got Park n Shop (Meadowridge) and then the Ladies Mile one left. After that I have a PnP in constantia & plumstead, so we're both pretty well covered if it comes down to it. 

You're expecting legislation written by a Zuma to make sense.

You're better than that, I know you are...

it was just a Momentary Lapse of Reason! Trying to make up  :blush:

• 5 months later...