On the 10/8/19 I left my brand new Shimano Saint pedals at CWC for a warranty replacement.

Shane the warranty and claims lady explained to me that they needed to be sent to JHB.

3 days later I followed up and was told that the pedals would be shipped back for collection at CWC.

It is now 23/8/19 and my bike cannot be ridden because it does not have pedals.  

I have had to repeatedly phone and follow up about my pedals every 3 days. I am tired of being told Shane is busy with a customer and would I like to leave a message and then not hearing anything from her.

I have been given different stories about waiting times and Dawn Wing has now been thrown under the bus by Shane today saying that there has been a mix up with the deliveries.

Things do go wrong but I expect to be kept up to date with phone calls, sms or email and clarification given by a customer facing employee.

Shane has shown she needs training and she does not know how to do her job as a customer service person. 

I hope that CWC will provide the correct training to their employees and also note these instances in their performance reviews!

This is absolutely the last time I buy anything from CWC.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Complaints about them seem to have been increasing a bit.

But let me help you, before the CWC fanboys come and crusify you.

Did you take this up with them directly?

Did you have emails?

Do you have photos?

Where is the DNA evidence?

Its your fault actually!

How dare you try and tarnish the good Ooms lifes work?

Do you use a Camelbak?

What happened to your Saints?

My Saint SPD axle is bent, basically from day one, and I'm being given the middle finger (didn't buy from CWC, but a cape town store).

I definitely dont ride hard enough to bend a ******* Saint axle!

Did you have emails?

Do you have photos?

Its your fault actually!

Do you use a Camelbak?

Add to that CWC has to deal with CoolHeat ............

What happened to your Saints?

My Saint SPD axle is bent, basically from day one, and I'm being given the middle finger (didn't buy from CWC, but a cape town store).

I definitely dont ride hard enough to bend a ******* Saint axle!

I believe that the threading for one of the spikes was not drilled properly from manufacturing process so when I tried to very carefully replace all the spikes with a bigger one, it when in at an angle and then I tried to use pliers to get it in.

All spikes went in fine except this one.

It is a tough call but risk and no replacement has been pushed back onto me.  :thumbdown:

I flagged the wonky axle from Day one.   I bought local despite being able to get them abroad (I am in UK / EU every month) for basically 60% of the price.

I regret it now, and realised why I generally just buy bike stuff from far away.    Trying to warrantee a clearly defective pedal that is only getting worse (the axle is eating into the gold alu sleeve) drives this home every time I ride my DH bike.

I flagged the wonky axle from Day one.   I bought local despite being able to get them abroad (I am in UK / EU every month) for basically 60% of the price.

I regret it now, and realised why I generally just buy bike stuff from far away.    Trying to warrantee a clearly defective pedal that is only getting worse (the axle is eating into the gold alu sleeve) drives this home every time I ride my DH bike.

I am going to stay away from Shimano and going to fetch these a bit later - https://www.evobikes.co.za/components/mtb-pedals/dmr-vaults-pedals-sandblast.html

My pedal bill is now R5000 in 2 weeks because of this nonsense.

besides issues with the CWC staff not getting back to you .... does your fight not lie with Cool Heat Agencies who are the Shimano agents?

Thanks for the heads up!

besides issues with the CWC staff not getting back to you .... does your fight not lie with Cool Heat Agencies who are the Shimano agents?

As a customer you deal with the retailer. Who the local agent is is not your problem. The retailer should do their job and chase up the agent.

Did you have emails?

Do you have photos?

Its your fault actually!

Do you use a Camelbak?

At least he waited until Friday.

This is SA, 13day period, being sent away and returned are maybe asking for too much.

I'm not saying no comms, but if it is shipped for the account of cwc, I would use snail mail there and for return, unless you specify you will pay for overnight delivery both ways.