This is SA, 13day period, being sent away and returned are maybe asking for too much.

I'm not saying no comms, but if it is shipped for the account of cwc, I would use snail mail there and for return, unless you specify you will pay for overnight delivery both ways.

Check the unemployment rate - https://www.fin24.com/Economy/just-in-sa-unemployment-rate-jumps-to-29-the-worst-since-2008-20190730

I am no longer a customer of CWC because of this.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is SA, 13day period, being sent away and returned are maybe asking for too much.

I'm not saying no comms, but if it is shipped for the account of cwc, I would use snail mail there and for return, unless you specify you will pay for overnight delivery both ways.

Huh R100 and it is there the next day? I have had stuffed shipped to Bicyclepower on Monday and have it in my hands on Thursday morning

besides issues with the CWC staff not getting back to you .... does your fight not lie with Cool Heat Agencies who are the Shimano agents?

I have tried to call Coolheat, and their first question was 

"which store you calling from"

" Sorry we do not deal directly with the pubic."

So even IF he did try to contact Coolheat he would not get anything done.

I sent a polite email about having a conversation.

I sent a polite email about having a conversation.

Hope it works for you.

Personally I dont understand why we need to contact the agent. 

Then I might as well buy from the agent directly and not have CWC in the loop, or get CWC to import from Shimano and not have Coolheat. 

All these middlemen is a bunch of nonsense

Hope it works for you.

Then I might as well buy from the agent directly and not have CWC in the loop, or get CWC to import from Shimano and not have Coolheat. 

Support the up and coming smaller guys that will move heaven and earth for your business even if they are a bit more expensive.

When we encounter someone unprofessional or providing a bad service, hold them accountable and encourage training and development of their staff. 

I think CWC sent the pedals with SAPO-hence the waiting period. You are going to get a phonecall from Skynet any day now to say you can pick up your pedals and you have to pay duty fees and VAT. There is hope, just be patient.

I think CWC sent the pedals with SAPO-hence the waiting period. You are going to get a phonecall from Skynet any day now to say you can pick up your pedals and you have to pay duty fees and VAT. There is hope, just be patient.

As indicated in my first Post, shipping is with Dawn Wing on this mess up.

Also if you are shipping with SAPO please inform your customers up front and give them a choice.

As a customer you deal with the retailer. Who the local agent is is not your problem. The retailer should do their job and chase up the agent.

I dont agree, he bought it from CWC, they should handle it.

Agree with you 100%, the shop where I bought the product has to sort out the warrenty.

Sorry, did I miss something ... I thought the agents rejected the claim on the pedals? Or was this another poster in the thread that had that issue?

Different bicycle shop that used to give awesome service, and a big bike brand that starts with an S, but is not Spaz .... had the shock collapse and fail a few times and then the frame crack a few times and local agents did not really help the LBS, then I got on their case ... with the last break and issues I went directly to their international head office to get it resolved.

Hope it works for you.

Personally I like the idea of cutting out Coolheat, or getting  a new SA agent.

https://www.fin24.com/Companies/Retail/final-blow-for-bicycle-cartel-20161222

Sorry, did I miss something ... I thought the agents rejected the claim on the pedals? Or was this another poster in the thread that had that issue?

Different bicycle shop that used to give awesome service, and a big bike brand that starts with an S, but is not Spaz .... had the shock collapse and fail a few times and then the frame crack a few times and local agents did not really help the LBS, then I got on their case ... with the last break and issues I went directly to their international head office to get it resolved.

"Dont be sorry, be careful" - 80's moms

"Dont be sorry, be careful" - 80's moms

right along with "Children should be seen and not heard"

My SRAM derailleur was sent away, warrantied/replaced, returned to LBS, and fitted back on my bike in 3 business days.  Only cost was the courier.

Turnaround time on my Fox rear sus was approx. the same.

CWC needs to step up...

Does CWC use coolheat, I thought probably ill informed, that they could get enough and buy straight from Shimano Int

Once there is an "distributer" in a country, it is very difficult to another way of importing.

Glad I ride SRAM only