[Event] Medihelp trapNET

ringmistress

I found it very decent, well marshalled. Didn't have any issues with the cars, but I can imagine some civilians being very unhappy. Those are some busy roads.

Rode in BL, again felt the bunch was a bit nervous. Specially with the cones, one of them ping ponged between a few riders, with some less than happy guys and girls. The second half of Lynnwood felt neutralised as everyone ready for Hans Strydom. It felt like a climb, not just a bump, but still good.

Will be back for it.

Edited by Roul

Hey , that was fun !

Game plan = AL , Have fun , smile, enjoy , play . . . until I "explode" // bonk , I finally ran out of energy on that hans strydom hill . . . mountain.  Like MVDP , my legs switched off and saw the front bunch disappear and then the second bunch came past never to be seen again. . .

To be on the bike with a smile and happy heart in a race is so much enjoyable , even the twizza at the end taste lekker ! There are some "gentleman" in the group whom really would benefit for happy cycling . . . 

Be Blessed !

Good race and nice test of the legs, Rode in AL which was fast and furious, got dropped after an hour, rode solo for a while into that wind, was not nice!  Eventually picked up by BL and rode with them till the final big climb where was pretty much everyone for themselves, although legs finished by then as burnt too many matches hanging in with the A batch.  Ride marshall's were great.  Will do it again

Was my 1st road race since 94.7 in 2016 so I started in G-bunch.

Enjoyed the race and must agree that the marshaling was great. That wind from Bapsfontein to the beginning of Solomon Mahlangu hurt my average but otherwise not too bad. How lekka was that last downhill section before the finish?

Will definitely be doing it again next year.

AL dropped me at 40km, had to push alone for sometime until BL came flying pass me. Overall the race was good but there was a stretch after being dropped where we were sharing the road with cars going on both directions.