New Garmin Fenix 6

shaper

Got my 945 off Amazon delivered to a friend returning from California back in July, came with the US maps.  As soon as I registered the device with Garmin, connected it to Garmin Connect for the updates, it downloaded and installed Map Coverage of Europe,Middle East & Africa 5.60 as well as the original maps of North & South America 6.0, Coverage of Pacific 5.10 and also TopoActive Americas North 2019-10.(these the latest installed)

Check on Garmin connect when you connect the F6 via a cable to PC/Laptop.  Will list all maps that have been synced

Ja I was just looking, maybe the heatmaps will be a challenge (but I'd assume this for SA anyway...) but normal maps should be fine. I mean DCrainmaker tested his watch in NYC and the Alps and I think everything was fine there for the (very) thorough testing.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, grief, good point. I'm not actually sure where I would find those anyway, we'll see

Absolutely no problem that. You can load great maps for free for basically anywhere in the world at your pleasure. Have a look at the DCrainmaker article for step by step process. Very easy. I got my Fenix in the UK, live in Dubai, loaded the maps for Dubai and have great maps now.

And on the new Garmin products you don’t have to replace any existing maps (unless storage is an issue). You can have several “base” maps loaded and use them as you please. Even load different maps for different activities.

The free maps even support routing which I can confirm works a treat.

Absolutely no problem that. You can load great maps for free for basically anywhere in the world at your pleasure. Have a look at the DCrainmaker article for step by step process. Very easy. I got my Fenix in the UK, live in Dubai, loaded the maps for Dubai and have great maps now.

And on the new Garmin products you don’t have to replace any existing maps (unless storage is an issue). You can have several “base” maps loaded and use them as you please. Even load different maps for different activities.

The free maps even support routing which I can confirm works a treat.

On this... I plugged my watch into my PC this weekend and on that connect program jobbie it had all the map regions waiting to be downloaded and installed. Took a bit of time, but I seem to have the whole world now...

On this... I plugged my watch into my PC this weekend and on that connect program jobbie it had all the map regions waiting to be downloaded and installed. Took a bit of time, but I seem to have the whole world now...

Was the same for me when I plugged my 945 in to garmin express having also bought it from the US

That's new!! I think. It's been a request on the Garmin Forums for ever. Wonder if they have finally decided to listen. Anyways....just check the detail on the maps. I've always found the base maps quite short of detail, so if they are not included all side street and major trails then have a look at the free maps again, you wont be disappointed!  

• 2 weeks later...

Battery Life on the box says 3 Hours???

is this correct

My box says the same. I noticed it when it was delivered.

Def not correct. I use my watch for a week with activities and it goes down to around 50% .

Battery Life on the box says 3 Hours???

is this correct

Haha I must check my box tonight! The first figure is also wrong I'm guessing

Haha I must check my box tonight! The first figure is also wrong I'm guessing

This is the standard 6, not the X. 

14 days is correct although when I charge my watch it says 15 days. 

My box says the same. I noticed it when it was delivered.

Def not correct. I use my watch for a week with activities and it goes down to around 50% .

Apologies, just wanted to add, I do not keep the pulse ox feature running. I had it running for a week or 2, got the figures and switched it off. With it running a full charge claims to be good for 10 days.

I do not use a non Garmin watch face. I do use HR , sleep, breathing etc functions running. IF I turned them off an used it as a normal watch I would not be surprised if it lasted a month.

• 4 weeks later...

So anybody got a sniff of any good Black Friday Deals on the Garmin Fenix 5? 
In particular the Sapphire Plus version... I'm sure there has to be some coming  :wub:

Apple watch is great to monitor masturbation exertion, not much else.

enjoy  :clap:

In fact the Apple Watch is currently the benchmark for wrist-based devices, at least between all of the main stream devices that we have measured

The goal was to measure the accuracy of various wrist-worn optical heart rate monitors

Nothing beats a Garmin and a HR Strap though

Edited by lenzman