Cape Epic or Bikepacking in Europe?

Mark62

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, the best of the best? There are some pro's there, but The Epic has largely become a marketing platform for ex-professional sportsmen, corporate sponsored 'execs', and folks with R100k to spend on a week of riding.

You do appear to have drunk heavily from the epic koolaid.

“LOL, the best of the best?“

Sauser - olympic champ world champ

Nino - olympic champ world champ

Rissveds - olympic champ world champ

List goes on and ...

Literally, and read carefully, I MEAN LITERALLY, every top South African Pro competes there. So gan praat k*k op n ane plek asb

List goes on and ...

Literally, and read carefully, I MEAN LITERALLY, every top South African Pro competes there. So gan praat k*k op n ane plek asb

Hey tough guy, how old are you? First time on the internet?

Well, @nevermore - if you read properly yourself, you'd see that G has used the word "largely" to qualify his statement. Yes, there are some pro's there, but the Epic HAS largely become a marketing platform & popularity contest. It's still a race, and a good one at that with a few pro's at the pointy end, but it's not nearly the "best of the best". 

In your opinion, though, it is. And that's fine. But don't carry on your attempt at lambasting others because they don't rate it as highly as you want them to. So. You rode the Epic. Good for you. You got to ride the same course as Nino and Jenny did. Yay. You're proud of that, we get it. Some people just don't CARE about that, though. And sorry, I'd far rather do BCBR, or Trans Provence, or the Swiss Epic, or a 4 month Euro bikepacking trip, than the Epic. 

LOL, the best of the best? There are some pro's there, but The Epic has largely become a marketing platform for ex-professional sportsmen, corporate sponsored 'execs', and folks with R100k to spend on a week of riding.

You do appear to have drunk heavily from the epic koolaid.

List goes on and ...

As pointed out before...the OP went touring...

Cape Epic R82000 ???? for a week... or

Going oveseas R????? for 4 months

Our friends decided to do the Cape Epic next year.

we decided Bikepacking Europe 4 months.

we just came back from our

4 months trip

4months 4000km trip

...and they appear to intend on drawing out the feedback.

Please put this thread out its misery before someone mentions ebikes, veganism or sock length!

it is a 4 months story so we will try to write every evening about our adventours...

I think the real answer to OP's question is this: neither! Pay Jewbacca to follow him on one of his usual training weeks. That way you'll be out on the bike for 7hrs a day, run 4 half marathons run, criss-cross Table Mountain multiple times and rack up a total of 8558km and 14053m of ascent in a couple of days. 

hahahaha oh dear!

I don't think I've ever racked up that much! We did rack up about 17000m of ascent in a week last year on Reunion!

hahahaha oh dear!

I don't think I've ever racked up that much! We did rack up about 17000m of ascent in a week last year on Reunion!

What happened to your hiking Muizies Everest attempt?  It would be a good training day.

hahahaha please.. I'm a clown who one day found out that he enjoys and is reasonably adept at doing endurancy thingymabobs. Likely because I am dumb.

Can confirm that it is most definitely NOT the toughest MTB race in the world. It's not even the toughest MTB race in South Africa.

Tough is relative to the length of string....

I recently came across this series of races which could be close

http://hero-dolomites.com/en/hero-series/mtb-alpine-cup

So with all due respect sir, you have no idea what you're talking about. You haven't been there, you don't know, you're not one of us.

:whistling:  :D  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Dude.........if only you knew.................if only.

On a seperate note...............Saffas and their Epic..............shame man...........