[Event] West Coast Express

Kall

Event Name: West Coast Express
When: 8 September 2019
Where: Koeburg Cricket Club, Western Cape
Category: Road

West Coast Express - Fastest flattest route on the calendar.
Medals to all finishers
Goody bags sponsored by Betadine to all finishers

Lucky draw prizes:
5 hampers consisting of cycling goodies like lights, socks, top, vouchers worth over R 2000.00
The ultimate prize – a Specialized bicycle worth R 15 000.00 which is being sponsored by Cycles Direct / Rufflette & the Outriders Cycling Club.

Go to Event Page

hubevents-14878-0-86404300-1567416268_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kall

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be there too. First "race" after the CTCT, and the first PPA race in a few years (my seeding of K reflects that. :blush: )

Not entirely unfit, but definitely not race fit. Gonna be an exercise in hanging on for as long as possible. 

Edited by Wannabe

Always a fun fast one at 78 kms :). Looking forward to lining up on Sunday, seems like it might get a bit windy.

First time at this event. When you say "fast", how fast do you mean? If i say average 30kmph normally at CTCT, should i be aiming for 10% faster average speed at this event? 20%?

First time at this event. When you say "fast", how fast do you mean? If i say average 30kmph normally at CTCT, should i be aiming for 10% faster average speed at this event? 20%?

easily 20% faster provided it's not too windy on the day.

Looking forward to this event!! 

In for some interesting weather, a 30km/h Northerly. 

Obviously summer wind has not arrived yet

Edited by Pure Savage

There is 2 climbs/bumbs.  rest is flat/FAST. we did 36.6 last year from c-d batch 

easily 20% faster provided it's not too windy on the day.

There is 2 climbs/bumbs.  rest is flat/FAST. we did 36.6 last year from c-d batch 

Great. Looking forward to it!

Our average speed last year was 39.8 last year out of A. Pretty sure that's not the fastest ever, though. Hold on to your hats!

Our average speed last year was 39.8 last year out of A. Pretty sure that's not the fastest ever, though. Hold on to your hats!

Pace was on at the foot of NeverEnder Hill and never slowed down.

I was on my limit during the attacks through Atlantis Industria.

Slept like a well fed baby that night.