Wahoo Tickr and Strava

Rudolf Lamprecht

Hi guys, I need some help figuring out what I am doing wrong and if I am doing too much perhaps.

Let me explain. I've got a Wahoo Tickr HRM, a Strava account and a Garmin Connect account. I have NO Garmin device. Reason for the Garmin Connect account is because Discovery Vitality syncs to Garmin to pull the activities (on that note, I have yet to see any points allocated for my Garmin MTB Classic the past weekend).

Back to the Tickr and Strava. Before I got myself the Tickr, I used to record an activity on the Strava app. With the Tickr, I also initialize a new workout on the Wahoo Fitness app. The issue here is that the Wahoo activity syncs to Strava, indicating all the HR/BPM analysis etc, but then there is the Strava activity itself as well, thus doubling up on my activity feed.

So the question is, should I be recording an activity on both, or one of them? Is there a way that the Tickr picks up on my Strava activity recording?

Thanks!

I can't answer your question, but what I do is I record with my Garmin and Endomondo on my phone, then upload the activity from Endomondo to Strava.

The reason for two recordings, if one fail, I have a backup.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the conversation. Should you ever need to reach out to our local support team we'd always be glad to assist. 

Our office line is 0876541940 or email us at support@wahoofitness.co.za 

Your local Wahooligan 

Yes, 100%.

That is no longer an option, as of the most recent update strava has removed support for external device linking.

Basically it's no longer possible to use an hrm or cadence sensor, footpod, etc with strava.

The official statement indicates that some users may still be able to connect sensors if they have used them before, I have an my option to connect is gone. They state this will only be for a short time and you should use another app to record data such as hr and import it in. May as well just move to the other app and be done, but hey...

Edited by Reme Le Hane

My Tickr X worked perfectly fine on strava yesterday on my run. Im probably part of the users that can still connect for now.

That is no longer an option, as of the most recent update strava has removed support for external device linking.

Basically it's no longer possible to use an hrm or cadence sensor, footpod, etc with strava.

The official statement indicates that some users may still be able to connect sensors if they have used them before, I have an my option to connect is gone. They state this will only be for a short time and you should use another app to record data such as hr and import it in. May as well just move to the other app and be done, but hey...

Edited by Opc_danny

Ok, I used it this morning with no issue so assumed it was all good.  I had no knowledge of that changing.  

Weird, that seems to be a backwards move by Strava. The obvious path would be to fix the bug instead of removing the functionality.

Weird, that seems to be a backwards move by Strava. The obvious path would be to fix the bug instead of removing the functionality.

Yes, but then if they fixed 1 bug they'd have to fix the rest of them. They cannot very well start a precedent of fixing bugs.