The Munga 2019

Ramrod

Realistically I can't see anyone behind Nina Long making the cut to tomorrow, even NL has a huge challenge on her hands with only 3 hours rest to spare

Madeleen has been putting in some serious hours today and has now overtaken Nina Long, plus dropped a bunch of the guys she was riding with at the back. Still 60 odd kilometers behind the cut dot though. Probably have about 1 hour of rest in the bank if she wants to make the cut.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are more people out on the route way behind cut off :(

I haven't been online today and just checked now and saw that too.

Hoping those still with a chance that are in front will make it.

Fanie van Zyl, almost at Ceres and the last guy just in front of the green cut-off missed a turnoff.

Luckily only 2km before he realised the mistake and is on his way back.

Jeez, cant help myself shouting no turn back :)

Edited by Zatopek

Last night we had 6 riders behind the cut and they're still behind the cut. It looks like LR has stayed behind at WP9 while TS and NL are resting up for the last hour at WP10. The Hoffman brothers ad MK are battling on up the climb they need to average 18kph to make the finish before cut off, this is a huge ask.

Cut off is at 12:00 at Doolhof, but isn't there a 09:00 cut off at Ceres also?

I don't think they have any cut offs along the route, I see TS is moving as well. That gives us 5 riders behind the cut riding.

There are more people out on the route way behind cut off :(

We are following Sarah Atmore - her transponder fell off yesterday morning, so it shows her WAY behind.

Waiting to hear if she finished this morning

She finished at around 6:00  :thumbup:

Edited by splat

If you have not left Ceres by 9 you will not make it.With 1000ks in the legs that a huge ask and most bikes weigh at least 18kg.

To ride those 2 passes in 3 hours eina.

Last night we had 6 riders behind the cut and they're still behind the cut. It looks like LR has stayed behind at WP9 while TS and NL are resting up for the last hour at WP10. The Hoffman brothers ad MK are battling on up the climb they need to average 18kph to make the finish before cut off, this is a huge ask.

I see Johan Hoffman scratched a few minutes ago..

MK and TS almost at the top of Bo-Swaarmoed, then it is downhill to Ceres. Nina Long not far behind them, but she is walking up there.

Madeleen has been putting in some serious hours today and has now overtaken Nina Long, plus dropped a bunch of the guys she was riding with at the back. Still 60 odd kilometers behind the cut dot though. Probably have about 1 hour of rest in the bank if she wants to make the cut.

Any more news on Mads? 

Watching her Dot tells me nothing.  :whistling:

If you have not left Ceres by 9 you will not make it.With 1000ks in the legs that a huge ask and most bikes weigh at least 18kg.

To ride those 2 passes in 3 hours eina.

MK and TS almost at the top of Bo-Swaarmoed, then it is downhill to Ceres. Nina Long not far behind them, but she is walking up there.

I'm not sure TS and NL are still in the race I saw them being tracked at 100kph about an hour ago. It might be a tracker malfunction but they did close the 30km gap to MK very quickly. Also it looks like both Hoffman bros have scratched. This leaves MK as our last rider with 90km in 4 hours and as Taito says not the easiest part of the course.

Any more news on Mads? 

Watching her Dot tells me nothing.  :whistling:

Her head is still strong and she's determined, but sleep deprived at the moment. Last time she had a power nap of around 60min was 20hours ago at Sutherland