A sale is it?

MudLark

jeez guys. enjoy in moderation lol. :thumbup:

i can honestly not remember the last time had enough to be that wasted. my 20s??

rookies ^_^

Anyway. good on you though.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

jeez guys. enjoy in moderation lol. :thumbup:

i can honestly not remember the last time had enough to be that wasted. my 20s??

rookies ^_^

Anyway. good on you though.

hahahaha In order for me to do that, I would have to buy a half half pint!

This Is normally how retail works:

So they decide they need to get rid off old or excessive stock, they add a new higher price on the item, and on same label mark it down to original or slightly lower price, as not to loose their original aimed price profit.

And then they advertise it as a sale price.

Clever, but no one knew the price off the item before the sale, so  best not to care to much about the marketing lie, rather shop around and get best price you can get.

Best advice, only go for "Sale" items if you knew the price before it was relabeled with mark-up price and sale tag.

100%, many do this.

Only takes an item in a wishlist, later advertised at a discounted price but still actually the same price with an inflated before pricing, to figure these tactics out. Knowing the original price is sometimes the only way to identify these rip-off sales......

hahahaha In order for me to do that, I would have to buy a half half pint!

yea but then i guess your  metabolism probably idles at 11.

so i get it lol.

100%, many do this.

Only takes an item in a wishlist, later advertised at a discounted price but still actually the same price with an inflated before pricing, to figure these tactics out. Knowing the original price is sometimes the only way to identify these rip-off sales......

so realised the wife's brake pads were klaar on sunday morning so had to go get some new ones at that new cyclelab in bellville. obviously check the site before hand and see they are on -25% special. BONUS right???.

get there, ask fo them on the floor, get them from the back..... and the price printed on the actual packet is already at said special price lol...so the +25% price was totally fabricated to make it look cheap.

Can't wait for Craft Water to catch on..

Oh, wait...Valpre has been doing it since forever!

In the 1980s the yuppies watered their bonsai with Evian  :ph34r:  :D 

I went into a rather well-known bike store this weekend with a view to taking advantage of their sale (and in particular their "make an offer" scheme) with a view to acquiring a comparatively cheap road bike for my indoor trainer. They rejected my offer (which I admit was a little bit cheeky) and said to me that the best they could do was a number between R16 K and R17 K. I am somewhat bemused to discover that I can purchase the same bike elsewhere at "normal price" for about R3K less. Which tells me how much more I am normally paying at the particular bike store in question than I could get the same thing for elsewhere…

CWC and Cycle Lab have the same B.S. not so specials.

Look at Bike Addict and Mello Velo for better pricing....

Went to a Safari Outdoor sale last week. Amazing deals offered on some products. One here, one there, all gone before I got through the door. Think they were just the draw cards and shop staff grabbed them when the start gun fired. Found something else, but not that much of a dea, not exactly what I wanted. Still good though. Ended up in a 100 long queue to pay. Half hour later queue still not moved an inch. Decided I had better things to do, put my stuff back, said no thank you and left with cash in my pocket.........then spent the time stuck in the traffic! Never doing something that stupid again. Both stupid!

so realised the wife's brake pads were klaar on sunday morning so had to go get some new ones at that new cyclelab in bellville. obviously check the site before hand and see they are on -25% special. BONUS right???.

get there, ask fo them on the floor, get them from the back..... and the price printed on the actual packet is already at said special price lol...so the +25% price was totally fabricated to make it look cheap.

Many of our online 'discounters' do this as a matter of course. I know because I know what they pay for stuff.

I've had quite a few new customers well bemused by our ability to offer product at very similar prices to *insert example*'s sale pricing...

Raised lettering, pale nimbus with a tasteful thickness and a watermark.

That Paul Allen!

hahahaha I have just pulled out the book and checked if I still have some Genesis for background music as I believe Phil Collins works best within the confines of the band, than as a solo artist... and I stress the word 'artist'...