2019 UCI Road World Championships - Yorkshire

Vetplant

Photobomb

BTW BMC made it clear on their social media and marketing arm that Dennis was on their TimeMachine although the frame was blacked out.

BMC vs Merida. Eish.

dennis_TT-1280x767.jpg

I'm pretty sure no one wants to be in that photo while being 'lapped' :) 

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dennis destroyed the field.

Not a popular winner, but I can take that any day of the week instead of another win by Mr365 come Sunday...

Mi dispiace che cosa?

For sure, but he has never said a word about why.

I like him. People are way too quick to say 'he should have done this and how could he do that' without any real facts.

Neither he nor the team have laid down any specifics and to be honest, if it was all in his basket the BM would have crucified him, hung him out to dry and ruined his career.

Great ride by a guy who seemed all to human with his evident emotion at what he achieved today. That was a BIG win for him and Mel. Not just in cycling terms, but it makes me wonder just what he has overcome in the last few months.

Well done you filthy Aussie! Good on ya cobba!

Also, massive dick move by Roglic for riding up his inside and ruining his finish line celebrations. pfffft

It was about equipment mainly and the ride at WC showed how at that level, especially in a TT which is his specialty how important it is. I looked at his bars which alone is the build he prefers which weren't provided before. Add skin suite and the likes and Dennis is flying.

Some said during the Tour here if I am correct that equipment doesn't make that much of a difference, it does. a big one. He is the world TT champ for a reason. 

I am in 2 moods over his abandonment but I do agree him losing his mind over not getting what he wants and needs to be competitive. 

Dennis is class on the bike, eccentric off but that most athletes.

Photobomb

BTW BMC made it clear on their social media and marketing arm that Dennis was on their TimeMachine although the frame was blacked out.

BMC vs Merida. Eish.

dennis_TT-1280x767.jpg

Rogga should have sprinted for the win! 

Yeah, if he started his sprint 54 km's earlier he might have made the podium   :P

Rohan Dennis publicly admitted to working closely with a sports psychologist and thanked him for helping him

“My body was fine... I needed to go a lot of mental work...”

Quite a journey

RD vs PR

section 1 - 16km  +61secs

section 2 -  21km +107sec

section 3 -  17km  +13secs 

i think primoz was just in his own bubble ticking over at what felt ok, thinking about how k@k hard it is burning candles at a grandtour and then coming back for this a fortnight later.

then Dennis came past and the racer inside him woke up.

It was about equipment mainly and the ride at WC showed how at that level, especially in a TT which is his specialty how important it is. I looked at his bars which alone is the build he prefers which weren't provided before. Add skin suite and the likes and Dennis is flying.

Some said during the Tour here if I am correct that equipment doesn't make that much of a difference, it does. a big one. He is the world TT champ for a reason. 

I am in 2 moods over his abandonment but I do agree him losing his mind over not getting what he wants and needs to be competitive. 

Dennis is class on the bike, eccentric off but that most athletes.

I think it is safe to say that this race was not won by BMC itself.

with that timedelta he could have been on a raleigh and still won.

the difference was how he felt on the BMC

Massive respect for Remco, he is set for big things! Was rooting for him.

Maybe Sunday...?

Is he not riding U23 tomorrow? Surely he is not ready for the Big Boy's race and would the rest of the team support him.

Is he not riding U23 tomorrow? Surely he is not ready for the Big Boy's race and would the rest of the team support him.

He is riding in Elite, alongside Phillipe and Greg.

I think it is safe to say that this race was not won by BMC itself.

with that timedelta he could have been on a raleigh and still won.

the difference was how he felt on the BMC

No, not the bike itself as a sole reason, but 1 of the many variables that contributed. add the wheels, frame, bars, skin suite, helmet etc. If you look he rode basically nothing team related. Not even the helmet. ad 4/10ths over the distance you come out with a solid time gap. 

Aerodynamics make a huge difference in TT just from CdA alone never mind the actual frame dynamics, skinsuite etc. 

We tested about 15 different skin suites in January at the track in Mallorca. you will be surprised the difference from the best to worse suite. 

RD vs PR

section 1 - 16km  +61secs

section 2 -  21km +107sec

section 3 -  17km  +13secs 

i think primoz was just in his own bubble ticking over at what felt ok, thinking about how k@k hard it is burning candles at a grandtour and then coming back for this a fortnight later.

then Dennis came past and the racer inside him woke up.

In the interview I read he said once Dennis went past he used him out front to pace the rest of the race, corners etc. 

Did i just hear the Vinokourov twins went down on the commentary on the junior road race?

I bet there's a lot of cycling peeps cringing right now - hahaaaaa