2019 UCI Road World Championships - Yorkshire

Vetplant

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Commentators just talking about how South Africans, even WT riders, had to self fund to get to worlds. CSA should be embarrassed!

In RSA one doesn't take up pro cycling because it pays well...

Commentators just talking about how South Africans, even WT riders, had to self fund to get to worlds. CSA should be embarrassed!

Business as usual for CSA?  budget prob. all goes for exco S&T.

What a disgrace.

I did a quick calc with the youtube clip, google maps and strava for interest sake.

Eekhoff did about 2.1km over 2min at an average speed of 63km/h behind the car. At some point he passed rider no. 29 (Andreas Stokbro) who despite doing a little more than 800W 500W average (Strava estimate) for the same section does not look like he made it back to the peloton. https://www.strava.com/activities/2746051539/overview

Edit: his fall happened little under 2km prior to the camera picking him up, So more like 4km / 4min of motor pacing.

You can't use Strava estimate for power. It's wildly off

Didn’t he win the TT on a BMC too?

It was, a full blacked out BMC for stealth... until everyone saw it and BMC tweeted congratulations.  :D

It was, a full blacked out BMC for stealth... until everyone saw it and BMC tweeted congratulations.  :D

He probably "sold" more BMC's by riding an unbranded BMC Time machine  for an hour than the whole Team Dimension team managed to sell during a year of riding fully branded BMC's.  

I noticed Willie Smit is extremely vocal regarding the U23 call.

Very brave, or stupid depending on how you see it.

I noticed Willie Smit is extremely vocal regarding the U23 call.

Very brave, or stupid depending on how you see it.

His argument is that unless you are in peloton then you don’t know what’s its like.

His argument is that unless you are in peloton then you don’t know what’s its like.

He is correct. Much like boxing. If you have never boxed at a decent level, you probably won't understand how intense it is.

You still aren't allowed to punch below the belt, attack from behind, butt heads or bite... regardless of the heat of the moment.

You will be disqualified.

Side note: does anyone know what time and which channel on Supersport the mens race is being broadcasted on? Trying to find it on DSTV mobile and i'm not winning.