2019 UCI Road World Championships - Yorkshire

Vetplant

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 wins in 2018, 2nd in Tour of Flanders, 5th Dwars door Vlaanderen...

2019... 2 wins.... 51st at Paris Roubaix.... at 23 that is already a pretty handy record.

But anyway, he is certainly not a 'nobody' anymore. He will be in the rainbow stripes for 2020 and well deserved.

The young man just changed his life and probably the Trek Segafredo roster a bit!

I think it's awesome.

He is very good..works very hard for JD in the classics. Glad he had his moment to shine..and with JD leaving trek he will def have more chances to go for wins.[emoji106]

Damn only 46 riders finished today.

So "almost" nobody finished today...? ;) (here's looking at you Kranswurm)

Seemed absolutely horrid out there today. Just making it to the finish should be rewarded with a finishers medal.

Fark, with friends like that.... makes your skin crawl. Cycling's equivalent of seeing you had a retweet and a follow from Bashir Al-Assad.

Disagree, I think chicken legs is normally on point when he comments and is actually quite diplomatic.

As for his past, he was just as dodgy as the rest.

What they need to do is change the rules. You can only review those kind of events after the race is finished. If the guy was cheating and was spotted by the officials and the rules were different he (and the others pinged for the same offence, and it is an offence) could be pulled there and then eliminating this kind of controversy. Problem escalates when one of the people gets a major placing and the same procedure has to be followed. No one is up in arms about the 32nd place or 18th place or what ever the other DQ riders got. Who knows what the result would have been if he hadn't been in the final phase but that doesn't matter.

It's simple. The guy was busted for drafting. Under the rules he got sanctioned like many riders before him. There is no provision for an appeal. The guy wearing the hoops (who rides for TDD) is the world champion. End of story. Moan all you like about the toughness of the guy, the obvious bias of the commissars, throw in some lazy national stereotypes, bleats about 'different rules' all based on your personal bias and move on.

Saw someone mention a rule with some sort of statute of limitations - within 30minutes of incident disqualification on the road or otherwise its race on..not a bad idea.

I do think they should enforce this rule (drafting)somehow more effectively and it should be enforced. If allowed to happen uncontrolled it would significantly change the dynamics of the sport. Crashes and mechanicals and the risk it brings with it is a massive part of the race outcomes.

Big issues are mainly around consistency and time it takes to make decisions.

Gotta love the Chicken's bio. What a sense of humour :lol: : Cyclist and father who rode a bike as fast as humanly possible -sometimes faster! Twitter-blocked by Chris Froome.Columnist at Ekstrabladet.Own obscure opinions.

Gotta love the Chicken's bio. What a sense of humour [emoji38] : Cyclist and father who rode a bike as fast as humanly possible -sometimes faster! Twitter-blocked by Chris Froome.Columnist at Ekstrabladet.Own obscure opinions.

Lol.. yeah one thing about him is he owns it.. he owns his past.. when he did come clean he came clean about it all from start to finish, what when and how.... I enjoy his Twitter TL.. and strangely enough I never liked him when he was racing...but I enjoy his cycling insights.