look no further than Wahoo Kickr Core

wapad

I was between 2 mind s of the Kickr 4 and the Core, in my opinion the Core is more than sufficient, I'm not a small guy and the unit is great.

Pro's

price compared to the Kickr 4

dead quiet

stable 

folds up quite nicley

Con's

can't think of any except maybe not coming with a cassette. 

I got my unit through the Bike Park in Constantia, great price and prompt delivery. 

I'm using it with sufferfest and training peaks and then linked to Strava!!

I'm also using my Garmin HR and a ANT dongle for the mac. 

Also just got one and really happy with it.

Got mine at the cyclelab special they just had.

Didn't budget on the cassette though and never thought a 12 speed cassette would be so much. Vasaline moment! Anyway it's done now.

I had mine setup in a spare room that had an Android TV box plugged in. It kept causing the Bluetooth to disconnect...after a few "quiet" swearing sessions and afer "repositioning" the android box onto the wall at the end of the passage it all works hundreds now.

getting setup with the bluetooth and ANT does take some getting used to, i was fortunate to have a mate troubleshoot some of the connections. 

I struggled with the ANT talking to the mac, but all sorted.

getting setup with the bluetooth and ANT does take some getting used to, i was fortunate to have a mate troubleshoot some of the connections. 

I struggled with the ANT talking to the mac, but all sorted.

I just plugged my Ant+ dingle into my mac and it worked, but have moved to a Tickr HRM and just use bluetooth now.

Got my Kickr Core about two months ago.

VERY happy with it !!!

Did my first longer trail ride last Sunday.  Kept my shape well, despite a wet winter limiting riding time outside

Using Zwift via an Intel NUC PC box.  Setting up the system was extremely easy, with no linking issues.  The NUC is just too basic, so I cant run any of the other trainer apps ....

EDIT .... now to decide if I want to keep Zwift active during the summer months .... already realised that my commute is not long enough ....

Edited by ChrisF

There is nothing wrong with the core.

It just simply works.

And it is so easy for dummies me to set up. You just get on and ride.

It is AWESOME!

Got my Kickr Core about two months ago.

VERY happy with it !!!

Did my first longer trail ride last Sunday.  Kept my shape well, despite a wet winter limiting riding time outside

Using Zwift via an Intel NUC PC box.  Setting up the system was extremely easy, with no linking issues.  The NUC is just too basic, so I cant run any of the other trainer apps ....

Rouvy, is not a resource intensive as Zwift and a bit cheaper, very easy to import your own workouts and do them, you can also use the Wahoo Mobile app to control it.

Rouvy, is not a resource intensive as Zwift and a bit cheaper, very easy to import your own workouts and do them, you can also use the Wahoo Mobile app to control it.

I must try it again .... last time it was "jerky" ....