Road rage

Longtravel

Always 3 sides to a story and I am not taking sides as only have 1 side here but I feel all 3 sides of this story are going to be completely different.

Sadly the 3rd side is rarely if ever heard but you are 100% correct

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Precisely some motorists are quick to record something happening, even whilst driving. Now this car has a passenger and a driver and neither of them took a video of the cyclist beating the crap out of the car with his bike, k

even ore amazing is that there is no video footage from the driver or passenger of said cyclist beating up the car. Motorists are very quick to take pictures and their phones are always on and connected to social media so why no video?

I got to the part "had to swerve to miss the rider in front of us who overtook the other riders and came in front of us" and thought yeah, exactly as anticipated after reading post #1. Cager drivers recklessly, endanger fellow road users when they were seemingly at fault and comes to complain from the backlash of the person(s) life they endangered. That driver ought to forfeit their license, go for rehabilitation and the cyclist to maybe pay for damages. Okay byeeeeee

Sorry Dirk, you have to read the whole thing before you jump to conclusions. I added in the red bit to represent what she said. It gives the whole thing a totally different meaning.

They were about to overtake a bunch of cyclists (safely from all that we know). One of said cyclists swerved out into the road trying to overtake the bunch (unexpectedly, perhaps without indicating). The cyclist was suddenly directly in the path of the vehicle. They were towing a heavy trailer that makes quick braking problematic. So, they had to swerve out to miss the cyclist, (perhaps even across the midline, perhaps in the face of oncoming vehicles, perhaps even endangering themselves, all so as not to go over said cyclist) They then hooted at the cyclist. (right or not, all legal, rude perhaps, but it does not damage anything)

From what I read the cyclist is alive because of their evasive action. He should rather say thank you for your quick action, not bash their car in and behave like an animal.

Edit: Yes, the bits in brackets are purely speculation 

Edited by DJR

I grew up on a farm with 2 brothers, and our Pa taught us a skill set which is effectively employed to 'dissuade' aggression. We (my boets and I) practiced this tactic of dishing out PK's and RFS' on each other quite regularly. I am the first one to step away from k@k, but kick my car, and you will quickly come to terms with what I learnt as a laaitie. I am also a cyclist, but on the occasion a fellow cyclist goes ape at me, I will respond in kind, every time.

As I said, he better be able to back himself, and not rely on the hope that I will cower and remain in my car. Like I said, hy gaan k@k.

You know Robbie, I've seen these things. I've also seen the bodies on the side of the road when these things spin out of control. And I've personally defended the accused on the consequent murder charges. Some things just aren't worth it. But I guess every generation needs to find that out for themselves.

Sorry Dirk, you have to read the whole thing before you jump to conclusions. I added in the red bit to represent what she said. It gives the whole thing a totally different meaning.

They were about to overtake a bunch of cyclists (safely from all that we know). One of said cyclists swerved out into the road trying to overtake the bunch (unexpectedly, perhaps without indicating). The cyclist was suddenly directly in the path of the vehicle. They were towing a heavy trailer that makes quick braking problematic. So, they had to swerve out to miss the cyclist, (perhaps even across the midline, perhaps in the face of oncoming vehicles, perhaps even endangering themselves, all so as not to go over said cyclist) They then hooted at the cyclist. (right or not, all legal, rude perhaps, but it does not damage anything)

From what I read the cyclist is alive because of their evasive action. He should rather say thank you for your quick action, not bash their car in and behave like an animal.

Edit: Yes, the bits in brackets are purely speculation 

Haai wena! dont come here with these logical explanations, the pitch fork crew dont like them!

Personally there is very little that could make me angry enough to beat a car with my bike so I dont understand how anyone could do that.

I didn’t see the incident if I could find out how to upload photos I can show you the damage to the vehicle from kicking and bashing the side of the car - no excuse to behave like an animal. If you can’t behave yourself on the road then get a mountainbike - personally I would have maced they guy in the face and then laid a charge of assault with the police.

What have mountain bikers done wrong that you believe we need to have to deal with a **** like that ! 

What have mountain bikers done wrong that you believe we need to have to deal with a **** like that ! 

:D  :D

a *** cyclist has never endangered my life when I'm driving because I use my head and give them a wide berth, like 1.5m or more....

Every time I ride a road event, I see cyclists doing stupid ****. Crossing the middle line to overtake in the face of oncoming traffic, jumping red lights etc. . Many times have I seen cars having to take sudden evasive action because of this.

Have any of you ever towed a heavy trailer?

It sounds to me from the screen shot that the driver has to swerve suddenly for a rider pulling out, if that was the case then it’s not impossible that the trailer “wagged” the rig making it look to the riders that the driver was swerving towards them.

If the driver had to suddenly swerve then he was

1. To close to Cyclists.

2. Not anticipating that something can happen

3. Not aware of his heavier and slower to stop car

4 Should not be on the road, as he is more than likely a driver that will drive the same speed in rain and snow as in the dry.

There is no information on here to indicate that the driver used his vehicle to intimidate the cyclist.  In fact, it is claimed that the driver swerved to avoid under difficult conditions when the cyclist suddenly swerved in from of the driver.

There is also no information that the cyclist DID kick the car. Only speculation ATM

not great, malicious damage to property? Surely CL are aware of the incident if it was indeed a CL ride. The cyclist in question probably got spooked by the vehicle? but I personally cannot see justification in what was done though.

Cycle Lab do not ride down William Nicol. We do Witkoppen and onto Cedar.

These pesky motorists. Its just as well none of us here on the hub own cars or fall into this damned motorist category. They sound dangerous!

HAHA was thinking that.

How many hubbers admitted to texting and driving? 

How many hubbers tell other to mind their own business?

Why dont these Hubbers mind their own business now?

I remember a thread or a few where a drive trashed a cyclist bike by turning in front of said rider etc and the general feel towards the cyclist was "Hope you have insurance, claim and move on"

Now they bring out the pitch forks on this rider.

I fully understand why someone looses it on the road these days, the law enforcement does jack **** and cars think we do not belong on the road.

Maybe this cyclist saw the driver on his phone? Hence he felt he was almost killed?

Every time I ride a road event, I see cyclists doing stupid ****. Crossing the middle line to overtake in the face of oncoming traffic, jumping red lights etc. . Many times have I seen cars having to take sudden evasive action because of this.

Every day I drive I see motorist doing DANGEROUDS stupid **** 

Cell phones, Kids not in belts etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

Sunday morning I was waiting for friends at a traffic light.

Saw 7 cars skip red, or stop halfway into the road and not one of teh 15 cyclist that came past did that.

And I've personally defended  

As a legal eagle (I assume) - what is your take here on the 'reasonable person test / duty of care'?

Both parties could have foreseen possible 'maneuvering', but doesn't towing a trailer call for even more caution from the driver side, bearing in mind its possible limitations etc?