Big groups

bullet77

May I add that on Tuesday I had the following encounters.

1. Car cuts across traffic circle and nearly takes me out.

2. Car jumps a red light that has been red for sometime and would have killed me at the speed it was travelling it I did not step back due to hearing the car.

3. Car cuts the corner and goes into the cycle lane where I am cycling with me having to grind into the pavement. Caught up to the driver, and this person did not see me apparently.

All the above were where cars came from behind and did not see my properly bright flashing red light ...... or so I assume or else why would they have acted in this manner.

Nah, these supposed pillars of society are just thugs.

Basically a normal road ride.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This made me smile.......right on my doorstep.

Recognised a number of the cyclists. Some friends, fellow club members and Hubbers too.

The driver should never have tried to over take. You can clearly see the oncoming car. He also shouldn't have stopped the way he did.

But............the cyclists were not innocent. Surely they are intelligent enough to realise that they are hogging the road and holding up traffic. I would be pretty annoyed if I'm driving to work and being forced to sit behind a troop of cyclists, who are taking up the whole lane (yes the law requires that cyclists ride in single file) and making me drive at 25km/h. 

Common courtesy to other road users is all it takes. Break up the group into several smaller ones and put the faster guys in the front group so that they spread out. Ride in single file so that you don't hold up motorists. This road gets extremely busy from about 7am, so these guys are pretty rude hogging it the way they did. 

I often come across small groups whilst in my car. Generally, when they see a car approaching, they move over into single file and give space for the car to move past. There is normally a friendly waive involved. The cyclists are kinda saying thank you for your patience and the motorist saying thank you for moving over. This bunch was so big, they couldn't move over.

There are several training groups in PE, so I cannot say for certain if this is the group. Our club did report a group to the police for numerous offences and made a request that we don't ride with the group. They were just too dangerous.

Oh Please... get you English lakker ... its a 'Troop baboons' and a 'Peloton of cyclists'

How ever there were some awesome collective nous for cyclists..

a draft of cyclists
A chain gang of cyclists
A ‘Veet’ of roadies
A ‘paunch’ of MTBers
a sucker of cyclists(as in wheel sucker) 
A cluster of cyclists
A chain of cyclists

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/collective-nouns-for-cyclists/

https://www.cyclingforums.com/threads/collective-nouns-for-cyclist.60780/

Edited by AdamA

Oh Please... get you English lakker ... its a 'Troop baboons' and a 'Peloton of cyclists'

How ever there were some awesome collective nous nouns for cyclists..

a draft of cyclists
A chain gang of cyclists
A ‘Veet’ of roadies
A ‘paunch’ of MTBers
a sucker of cyclists(as in wheel sucker) 
A cluster of cyclists
A chain of cyclists

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/collective-nouns-for-cyclists/

https://www.cyclingforums.com/threads/collective-nouns-for-cyclist.60780/

Fixed it for you.  :whistling:  :ph34r:

wow , on those numbers I work out a cost saving of £6100 per year (excluding the additional maintenance on your wife car).

That’s about where I got to as well. Unfortunately, with two teenagers in the house, one in love with ponies and one in private school, that saving is hobbled up pretty quickly.

Damn "big groups" ....

These things should be BANNED from our roads !!!

Got stuck behind a "big group" this afternoon along the Bottelary road.

Now I may legally drive 100km/h on this road.  Thanks to the technology in my car and my superior driving skills I am sure I can drive safely at 150km/h on this road.

But not this afternoon  !!  Damn "big groups" hogging the road ....

Long sections we were barely doing 70km/h .... dammit, I could see my retirement approaching faster than my home address !!

Days like these that you NEED a bull bar and a serious blown V8 to open the road, just drive right through the "big groups" !!!  Get moving or get off the road !!

PS - NO cyclists were noted along the road during this slow crawl, just a string of mindless numbnuts in cages that dont know which pedal to use along a straight road ....

PSS - maybe I should use a more appropriate font .... or maybe just get some more popcorn ...

Edited by ChrisF

Strange how some groups (Club 100) can ride 2 abreast en route to the Cradle yet Cyclelab have to ride 3 and 4 abreast. Arrogant beyond belief. And not just once, I see this every weekend. Seems that when some motorists get onto a roadbike they leave their brains in the takkies and boost their testosterone!

And you can roast me here...I know that I will be at less risk of getting taken out from behind...and YES, I have been taken out by a motorist who turned onto the road and didn't see me and didn't stop before entering the road...despite me being in the cycle lane.

PS, for the above very reason is why I will never train in a group...

Strange how some groups (Club 100) can ride 2 abreast en route to the Cradle yet Cyclelab have to ride 3 and 4 abreast. Arrogant beyond belief. And not just once, I see this every weekend. Seems that when some motorists get onto a roadbike they leave their brains in the takkies and boost their testosterone!

And you can roast me here...I know that I will be at less risk of getting taken out from behind...and YES, I have been taken out by a motorist who turned onto the road and didn't see me and didn't stop before entering the road...despite me being in the cycle lane.

PS, for the above very reason is why I will never train in a group...

Aren’t club 100 and cyclelab one in the same?

I now chuck £5 into my locker at the gym every day that I cycle in, and take £5 out every day that I catch a train. There is a decent wad of cash building up there which I will put towards my next bike.

This is unfathomable for most, using a locker as a 'safe'

This is unfathomable for most, using a locker as a 'safe'

Can't recall the last time I carried cash ... I either use snapscan or c/card 

Aren't the Sharks and the Stormers one and the same?

I always thought that club100 was a cycle lab club, have I been mistaken all these years ?

Cyclist vs cyclist

There is a multi-use tarred path from Belfast up to one of the smaller towns. My mate was happily cycling along one Wednesday morning and some tjop came around the corner towards him on a TT bike in full aero mode, headphone thingys in, looking down. My mate went one way and this oke didn’t even see him, but rode straight into him head on. Derrick ended up with severe injuries to his face, badly damaged bike and missed his cycling trip to Majorca the next day.