Bike Jacking & Stabbing - De Villa Bois dr - Pretoria East

Rudi Pollard

Hi Everyone,

I just received a notification that one of the riders on our training group(Wayne McDulling) got bike jacked and stabbed early this morning on De Villa Bois drive next to the Morelettapark church. Apparently 4 males were waiting there and pounced when he came through the dip at the bottom on his way up the hill towards Garstfontein drive.

He is currently in surgery. I am not sure what the extent of his injuries are and will update as soon as I know.

AFAIK he would have been on his Black/Red 2019 S-Works Epic. Please be on the lookout in Pretoria East.

post-27075-0-48849200-1568875940_thumb.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just spoke to Wayne. He was stabbed 6-7 times in the upper body and shoulder. Luckily it was only in the muscles. He also has some broken ribs, but is all stitched up and the healing process has started.

The culprits were walking over the road and he moved to go around them as he assumed they were just crossing. They then pounced and he fought back but when he got stabbed in the arm he had to let go.

Just spoke to Wayne. He was stabbed 6-7 times in the upper body and shoulder. Luckily it was only in the muscles. He also has some broken ribs, but is all stitched up and the healing process has started.

The culprits were walking over the road and he moved to go around them as he assumed they were just crossing. They then pounced and he fought back but when he got stabbed in the arm he had to let go.

Thanks for the update!

Not good,,,,I was stabbed 4 times last year March whilst out on a training run...IN my suburb and about 8k from my house...I fought the CHOP and broke his arm which I might add , he did not appreciate...LMGA.....BUT ..he still managed to rip my pack off and as I was about to give chase ..I realised I was breathing through the side of my chest...ja/nee....Saffrica NOT for sissies ek SE...

On this cyclist injuries..the stabs will heal quickly..BUT I wish him luck with those ribs....JOH..mine has only come right now ..4 months later....

Not good,,,,I was stabbed 4 times last year March whilst out on a training run...IN my suburb and about 8k from my house...I fought the CHOP and broke his arm which I might add , he did not appreciate...LMGA.....BUT ..he still managed to rip my pack off and as I was about to give chase ..I realised I was breathing through the side of my chest...ja/nee....Saffrica NOT for sissies ek SE...

On this cyclist injuries..the stabs will heal quickly..BUT I wish him luck with those ribs....JOH..mine has only come right now ..4 months later....

****, scary stuff

Best of luck to him, hope he heals up soon.  And that this doesn't stop him from riding.

Also not too far from me and makes me very sad.

Just a head's up: keep an eye on your mate. PTSD can sneak up on you. A friend who went through something similar ended up seriously unhappy for over a year because he was too busy pretending to be tough and not dealing with the trauma of somebody potentially wanting to kill him. All it took was a few counselling sessions and he was a happy camper again. He lost a year being unhappy but he didn't lose anyone's respect for admitting that he needed help.