Bikes for Trail Riding... The start

Hairy

The new Canyon Spectral details are out:

https://www.canyon.com/en-za/mountain-bikes/trail-bikes/spectral/

Starts at $2149 (R45k give or take) for the AL5.0. Pike Select, NX, Super Deluxe Select+ RT. Still fantastic value in my opinion.

Edit: The AL 6.0 comes with the full new SLX 12 speed groupset and brakes, Fox 36 and DPX2 and DT Swiss wheels at $2549 (R53k give or take). I want! It is time for THAT discussion with the wife.

post-41466-0-35722600-1570621995_thumb.png

post-41466-0-14652000-1570622378_thumb.png

Edited by Falling Over

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a problem for gods chosen few. Those less fortunate to use their right hand... well this is payback for years of right handed scissors and having your natural writing arm tied behind your back at school. Not that I have unresolved issues!

sounds like you and my wife have issues 

CF 8.0 Carbon. That colour... :eek:

Weirdly I like that colour... would like it more with some additional Kashima gold on the bouncy bits. 

But then they do have history with the pimp colours. Have a feeling it'll date pretty badly tho. 

Canyon_Madeira17_G4A9412.jpg

Edited by T-Bob

I've never been a big fan of Norcos but that new Optic looks like the perfect bike for my type of riding.

New Norco looks sweet;

p5pb17870602.jpg

Think it just moved above the ripley on my new bike want list;

ibis-ripley_5.jpg

Edited by hansolo

Yebo. New frame and some new parts with carry over from my Enduro for the rest.

Lekker and enjoy ... a really nice bike!

JUST FIX THOSE ODI ENDS SO THAT THEY ARE PARALLEL TO THE GROUND PLEASE :P

Gotta add my Mercer Gangly Gibbon here!

The perfect Cape Town trail bike IMO in its current guise(29r on South rims,140mm up front, 120mm in the rear, Lyne 170mm dropper and bars and stem).

Two water bottles in main frame for epic rides (use pack and bottles for epic-er rides). This bike has got me through pretty much everything (trail rides, xc marathons, some of the toughest #enduros and even some big ass jumping)and only gets better with age! 

It weighs 15.2kg with heavy tyres and 14kg with light tyres  (less than most alu trail bikes with similar build). Check out the funky DIY Csixx chainguide with my teeeny (fitted for TransProvence) 28t Chainring.

Moto guards aren't my favourite look but they work so darn well on overgrown fynbos trails that I just live with the snarky comments :D

DVO fork is super easy to travel adjust to 150 and 160mm.Best thing about it? I don't have to keep up with annual models and the depreciation that creates! Just a new paint job every now and again and it's re-born (maybe time for purple paint?)

post-6207-0-61946600-1571922970_thumb.jpeg

post-6207-0-07485500-1571922977_thumb.jpg

post-6207-0-08237600-1571922985_thumb.jpeg

Edited by iRide