the good reviews on these continue to come in :thumbup:

500grams difference between allow and carbon and love the clean welds

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2021 Stupie looks awesome

2 problems I have: I dont really understand the need for the Stumpie Evo - Doesnt that cross over into the Enduro's role - I wonder if the stumpy EvO will maybe end up replacing the Enduro

then, the really big issue - SA is only getting two models - S-Works frameset @ 90k or something, and then a very entry level Alu version at R40k for the full bike.....very weird stategy for Spaz........ 

• 3 months later...

2021 Stupie looks awesome

2 problems I have: I dont really understand the need for the Stumpie Evo - Doesnt that cross over into the Enduro's role - I wonder if the stumpy EvO will maybe end up replacing the Enduro

then, the really big issue - SA is only getting two models - S-Works frameset @ 90k or something, and then a very entry level Alu version at R40k for the full bike.....very weird stategy for Spaz........ 

The Evo is a full on trail bike with really great climbing capabilities. Pretty much the perfect sweet spot for trails and Enduro racing here in SA.

The Enduro on the other hand is really a very large beast, made to point down in extremely steep and technical terrain. I was very surprised as to how well it still climbs though, I really loved riding it and it made square hits and braking bumps feel like you are going for a road ride but personally it is just too much bike for 99% of the trails we have here in Cape Town. So no, two very different bikes, each having a dedicated place. 

Do agree that the models they are bringing in is a bit stupid, most probably a supply issue with covid globally as the SA market is still pretty much just about the racing snakes and their epics.

Edited by Heinrich Hattingh

Looking at getting a Transition Spur, but stock is a joke at the moment. Looks like a good cross breed of XC and Trail. Would love a trail bike, but the riding I do most of the time requires lots of climbing, and short descents, so better to go for something lighter

The Evo is a full on trail bike with really great climbing capabilities. Pretty much the perfect sweet spot for trails and Enduro racing here in SA.

The Enduro on the other hand is really a very large beast, made to point down in extremely steep and technical terrain. I was very surprised as to how well it still climbs though, I really loved riding it and it made square hits and braking bumps feel like you are going for a road ride but personally it is just too much bike for 99% of the trails we have here in Cape Town. So no, two very different bikes, each having a dedicated place. 

Do agree that the models they are bringing in is a bit stupid, most probably a supply issue with covid globally as the SA market is still pretty much just about the racing snakes and their epics.

It's pretty sad that the Stumpy evo won't make it to our shores. On paper it really looks like a great bike. Relatively light frame, endless geometry options (not jut a stupid flip chip on the shock mounting hardware), ability to run mullet setup. You could literally tune your bike for every destination, from flow trails to gnarly steep stuff. The Evo Expert also looks to offer the most value for money I've seen recently.

Looking at getting a Transition Spur, but stock is a joke at the moment. Looks like a good cross breed of XC and Trail. Would love a trail bike, but the riding I do most of the time requires lots of climbing, and short descents, so better to go for something lighter

I wanted to pull the trigger on one in November. I was told the earliest I could possibly order one was Feb with an unknown delivery date. I am ultimately happy about it as I think I would have been a little under-gunned on a Spur - but you are right stock is a nightmare at the moment. 

Edited by Grease_Monkey

I wanted to pull the trigger on one in November. I was told the earliest I could possibly order one was Feb with an unknown delivery date. I am ultimately happy about it as I think I would have been a little under-gunned on a Spur - but you are right stock is a nightmare at the moment. 

Its possibly the worst time to look for a new bike since virtually nobody has stock of anything, even overseas. Talk about delayed gratification