Ironman Kona 2019

Chris_

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if training peaks were to give me points for watching sport i would have been on target for yesterday.Ineos challenge and then parked for the rest of the night.watched from body markings till 3:30 this morning.my coffee stash took a hit,but WOW. I always appreciate it when a sportsman/woman is at the top of their game(any sport)

Whilst will be watching the Pro's and hoping the SAFA's perform, will also be following one of my club members Dot Hunt at 65 years of age!!

Finished in 15:59. Incredible achievement !!

Edited by shaper

Social media going a bit doff over it....most trying to make it out as an issue.... supposedly they are good mates and was a bit of banter.... and why Jan was smiling.

Will wait to see what both have to say about it

Definitely looked like a bit of a laugh between them.

That ladies race was crazy! I kept waiting on Ryf to make a come-back but such is life - stomach bugs seemed to be flavour of the day all round. Haug what a mental run! I'm really happy for her.

Frodo, what can you say, he's just something very special. Really happy Seb cracked the podium, its not the step I wanted but no-one could touch the big man.

I still need to check through the results for our other saffers and finishers, but it seemed like a tough old race. 

(Well done Shapers Dot!)

That ladies race was crazy! I kept waiting on Ryf to make a come-back but such is life - stomach bugs seemed to be flavour of the day all round. Haug what a mental run! I'm really happy for her.

Frodo, what can you say, he's just something very special. Really happy Seb cracked the podium, its not the step I wanted but no-one could touch the big man.

I still need to check through the results for our other saffers and finishers, but it seemed like a tough old race. 

(Well done Shapers Dot!)

Was a great race and good to see Anne Haug make the top step.  Felt for Lucy leading for so long only to be 2nd again.

JF is a machine, and great result to come back after injury.  Lionel seems to be going backwards, so he will probably look to try something new for next year... will always watch his endeavors with interest.

Comment from Dot on our club whatsapp group "Thanks so much it was the hardest race ever.  The heat here is something else but the experiences of the race will stay with me forever"

One day I would love to go to Kona, to participate preferably but that's unlikely so to spectate. I was watching on my ipad till the wee hours of the morning. Goosebump stuff.

Guy I know has qualified the last couple of years but has DNF'd on each occasion on the run with many many hours still to go. I would crawl if that's what it took to get that medal.

To Dot, awesomely well done..we live vicariously through your tenacity and resolve. YOu are a champion.

Edited by IceCreamMan