Ironman Kona 2019

Chris_

Wonder if he will get tested :ph34r:

I would hope they would

Imagine LAnce was allowed to compete

Would be an interesting dual between him and vino and would seriously increase IM Hawaii live viewership / tv ratings

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And for those who followed the Zwift Tri Academy and are curious

https://zwift.com/news/8174-zwift-at-kona/

Ruth Purbrook - 1st

Natia Gous - 1st 

Maggie Walsh - 2nd

Yvonne Timewell - 3rd

Philipp Herber - 4th

Levi Hauwert - 6th

Paul Lunn - 11th

Justin Lippert - 29th

Natia Gous (van Heerden) F25-29 - (RSA) in a time of 9:39hr

That bike has a bigger "boot" than my car.

7-1.jpg

safa michelle enslin from pe took second in her ag.also on the podium in her ag last year when she won just like she did 70.3 last year.this year 5th ag in nice.

I managed to stay awake till the ladies top 5 came in.  Man I am still paying for it now -_-

Was so exciting, Untill about half way in the run, nothing was set in stone

They look SO dumb

Pity aerodynamics couldn’t give a toss about aesthetics. Just look at a modern F1 car, yuck.

Shame, something I saw this morning. I only know of these people through instagram but its a tough story. Mother  daughter pair, daughter raced Kona 2 years ago, mother qualified this year. It seemed as if they did absolutely everything together, including plans to go to Kona together last week. Daughter passed away about a month ago but mom still managed to race. In her daughters tri-suit! Grief. What a heavy heavy race it must have been for her. I searched for moms account and saw she finished, which is just the best.

Shame, something I saw this morning. I only know of these people through instagram but its a tough story. Mother  daughter pair, daughter raced Kona 2 years ago, mother qualified this year. It seemed as if they did absolutely everything together, including plans to go to Kona together last week. Daughter passed away about a month ago but mom still managed to race. In her daughters tri-suit! Grief. What a heavy heavy race it must have been for her. I searched for moms account and saw she finished, which is just the best.

Must have been a super heavy day for her hey

That bike has a bigger "boot" than my car.

7-1.jpg

I actually dig it, looks almost fictional 

A bigger no no for me was some of the aerodynamic sperm helmets,  

Daughter was Gabriella Gioia, young and very good triathlete (potential pro).  Podiumed 3rd at Kona and was often winner of her AG.  Has been quite a bit on Social media in the run up, including the funeral which was only a couple of weeks ago.  From what can gather she died in a car accident.  Is such a shame as she always had a huge smile on her face when racing.

Must have been a tough but rewarding race.

Was a nice write-up in SBR Magazine FB page on 11 October 2019 https://www.facebook.com/SBRmag/?__tn__=kC-R&eid=ARDysH_2OHNLYfyy19tD1aiNxKRxNH5FKam3qnZeMHxCzAbuWX2It4mk5lkWRrOudFdU1ylYJ9v0zNnx&hc_ref=ARRDJsx6aik6c1DF23oUV3I8rMRF_u3e4WLslxzHX7-g86oVsKqVEUExrAh1LQsx8tA&__xts__[0]=68.ARBvB647P4_YfaOCE_i45b33czjlRl9J3GQgFOmAEypwcwMUgqYiUPvqD0zcg7wPqaM9npFLkFCVvoGLxczf9VkX9Y5tn9wCBdszlgmw023s_1CjrS3qOuwUN0k2Nf43FQ8ODgB2QEZpfwtAu-gCqJBhUHh8OZ1idkxC8VYbo4dx2FdsAgZyBlSmX8eiGBNIPtLu9x6DJY-Fjk11Ju9MUFv0pc7ssk1ASn2TUS4OkmWidjPlpi1lvuvTSodzn9te7cwYESudGz8fwFXNQIViYUd8t0eAV5TPvqtm2v2bBJ7OqBukivbQAfoI4S9LtQFN7e0R87ssWIFvYBSrxsthFg

• 6 months later...

Shame, something I saw this morning. I only know of these people through instagram but its a tough story. Mother daughter pair, daughter raced Kona 2 years ago, mother qualified this year. It seemed as if they did absolutely everything together, including plans to go to Kona together last week. Daughter passed away about a month ago but mom still managed to race. In her daughters tri-suit! Grief. What a heavy heavy race it must have been for her. I searched for moms account and saw she finished, which is just the best.

Only saw this post now. I used to teach her in high school. Couldn't believe it when I saw she died. What a loss.