Shimano GRX availability

DeRosaKing

Evening All

Anyone have an indication of when Shimano GRX will be launching locally?

Heard it would be Sept but nothing noticed yet.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I heard November. Also looks like some of the Meridas will come with GRX in December(-ish).

Coolheat expect arrival end November

waiting in anticipation, but may have to pull the trigger on my Bike24 basket sooner - frame on its own can't be ridden!! 

waiting in anticipation, but may have to pull the trigger on my Bike24 basket sooner - frame on its own can't be ridden!!

Do Bike24 ship to SA? Thought they were blocking Shimano purchases this side.

Wondered the same and dropped Cool Heat an email 8 weeks ago and still await a response

Usual useful (monopoly) service then!

Shipping forwarder - does mean EU tax + SA VAT though.

Just out of curiosity... Can I purchase a groupset from Bike24 and ship it to my sister in Germany, and she can bring it in her luggage when she visits us in November? Or will they give her k@k somewhere along the way?

Just out of curiosity... Can I purchase a groupset from Bike24 and ship it to my sister in Germany, and she can bring it in her luggage when she visits us in November? Or will they give her k@k somewhere along the way?

Not 100% honest - but just get her to unpackage it, rub a bit of dirt on it, and say it's a used item.

Otherwise she can say it's a gift for you that she purchased.

Either way she shouldn't get any flack for it.

Not 100% honest - but just get her to unpackage it, rub a bit of dirt on it, and say it's a used item.

Otherwise she can say it's a gift for you that she purchased.

Either way she shouldn't get any flack for it.

Thanks! Perfect!

• 3 weeks later...

USD multiplied by 20. Plus a little extra. And VAT. 

So, not Shimano's RRP x Rands. Might as well spend R250 on a road link and be done with it then.

Interesting, and it would have saved me mixing a few other components to get what I wanted if this was 2018 :)

FWIW I'd go straight to Di2 for a premium gravel build. The ease of shifting on rough terrain is just so much better than cable. You'll never go back.

I've been using the Shimano non-series hydraulic road Di2 shifters/calipers for a while now and they are pretty cool. looks like a similar unit but rebadged as GRX. Super comfy in the non-series version, and for whatever reason these things bleed better and easier than the mtb models,

Long cage Di2 rear derailleur - that would have saved me stealing a long cage off of one of my bikes to run it on the Ultegra Di2 RD. Currently the Ultegra shifts 11/42 on a 38/52 front set up for a capacity of 45t. not much new here though, just a new parallelogram/cage combination.

Otherwise looks like a lot of stuff I've seen before.

Edited by 100Tours