Route with 3% or 4% gradient for 25km

edgarblount

I am looking for a route that is 25km long and has a constant gradient of 3% or 4%. Which will give you either 750m or 1000m of climbing over that distance.

I am looking for this / and not this /\/\/\/\.

I have tried looking at creating a route in Rouvy or plotaroute but can't seem to find an option to create such a route.

I just want one constant climb for 25 km.

Any other tools I can use to create such a route?

Oh, and I want to use it on the IDT, so a gpx will be most welcome.

send me your Rouvy username, I have created a workout with 3% gradient for 1:40 minutes, is that enough?

Awesome! Thanks Dex. Username = edgarblount

I am looking for a route that is 25km long and has a constant gradient of 3% or 4%. Which will give you either 750m or 1000m of climbing over that distance.

I am looking for this / and not this /\/\/\/\.

I have tried looking at creating a route in Rouvy or plotaroute but can't seem to find an option to create such a route.

I just want one constant climb for 25 km.

Any other tools I can use to create such a route?

Oh, and I want to use it on the IDT, so a gpx will be most welcome.

Just graph the exact gradient you want and create a gpx file of it. If you open a GPX in Sublime text it looks like this-

post-57821-0-99682100-1569994039_thumb.png

So if you just adjust the elevation <ele>xxx</ele> to give you the constant gradient it will all be sorted.

Also a great way to mess with Strava's digital elevation model

Edited by dave303e

I was able to create a route in Rouvy after all.

post-52018-0-94355200-1569995721_thumb.png

Plot your 2 points, 25km apart and then double click on the end point and adjust the Grade from key GPS point to 3% or 4%.

Thanks for all the help everyone. :thumbup:

Try ride the Bitcoin market price curve for the last 10-years. 

I wouldn't want to ascent that September to December 2017 hill on a bike, you'd be riding 50% gradients at some point  :whistling:

SA doesnt have such long climbs...

Just out of interest sake, what is the 'longest' hill climb in SA.

"The Letras allegedly holds the dubious honour of being the longest cycling climb in the world, with the Strava segment for the climb rounding off at a whopping 80km at an average gradient of 4%."

I think I want to ride Letras now.

Just out of interest sake, what is the 'longest' hill climb in SA.

No idea if it's the longest but Swartberg Pass from the South side is 21km at 4.5% (although it's definitely not constant, the last 3km is at about 11% and the last 1,5km is at about 15.5%). Also it's a fairly rough dirt road, especially near the top.

No idea if it's the longest but Swartberg Pass from the South side is 21km at 4.5% (although it's definitely not constant, the last 3km is at about 11% and the last 1,5km is at about 15.5%). Also it's a fairly rough dirt road, especially near the top.

SA's 100 longest passes ranked...so if anyone likes ticking off lists they should keep you entertained for a while  :whistling:

https://www.mountainpassessouthafrica.co.za/find-a-pass/item/422-longest-passes-ranking.html