Xloc remote conversion

batmobile

I have looked the whole internet to find a mod to make the Rockshox xloc full sprint remote a single remote in a neat way...I just didn't want to spend the money for a single. I ended up putting a thin sleeve to keep the left chamber compressed but still allow the pin to go through. That way only the right chamber with the locking mechanism was working, and working well! Pretty neat looking solution at the end and still allows me later on to add a fork lockout. Just felt like sharing in case someone might need!

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has taken the Rockshox xloc full sprint remote(Dual lock out) and plugged it to use as a single lockout remote? I have a Scalpel Si3 and am thinking about ditching the Monarch XX for a Fox. But can I then just pop a grub screw in where the rear hose went into the remote, to seal it? I realise that I might have to re-bleed the unit so that the lever can still lockout for the front.

Any Ideas, beside having to buy a single lockout remote.

I have looked the whole internet to find a mod to make the Rockshox xloc full sprint remote a single remote in a neat way...I just didn't want to spend the money for a single. I ended up putting a thin sleeve to keep the left chamber compressed but still allow the pin to go through. That way only the right chamber with the locking mechanism was working, and working well! Pretty neat looking solution at the end and still allows me later on to add a fork lockout. Just felt like sharing in case someone might need!

• 2 months later...

How did you convert it to poplock/pbr or did omnico do it for you?

Poplock button is so close to the handlebar that a lockout lever is not necessary imo

I did exactly that on my Scalpel 2017.... the Fox is sooooo much better than the Monarch and the PBR lockout button way easier to push with no maintenance or bleeding....a. no-brainer really and the rear really never needs to get locked out on a Scalpel, even while standing

Edited by Chain-L

• 5 months later...

I did it myself,,,I live in Italy:)

I just bough the PBR button...quite easy to do..

@guidodg - what parts do you need to do the conversion ?

Just the button or are there any internals that need to change ?

Tim