Stellenbosch XCO 2018

Adelia

Hi Guys.

We are visiting the Stellies area from George this weekend. Just want to know if anyone has info on the XCO track used for the UCI Cup in 2018. I cannot seem to get any info on it, except that it is in Stellenbosch, close to or on varsity grounds? Will we be able to go and ride on it? If so do we have to buy permits and where?

Hi Guys.

We are visiting the Stellies area from George this weekend. Just want to know if anyone has info on the XCO track used for the UCI Cup in 2018. I cannot seem to get any info on it, except that it is in Stellenbosch, close to or on varsity grounds? Will we be able to go and ride on it? If so do we have to buy permits and where?

Try Coetzenburg

The trail is part of the Stellenboch trail network, along with Gspot, Eden and Mont Marie (all worth a visit).

The network is free for use.

Permits are needed for the other trails in the area.

Hi Guys.

It's on the hill behind Coetzenburg Gym.

Free to ride, stop at one of the Stellenbosch Trail Fund boards in town with the trail map on it to see where you need to go.

There is a map on the pic attached at the pin, and then you can follow the yellow highlighter to the trail.

The ideal would be to ride with a local and ask them to show you the G-spot and Eden trails as well,

e1864e35c1825d44b7c369dac0c30ed5.jpg

XCO track was not in very good condition when I was there about 2 months ago (don't think they maintain it at moment) , so don't expect much.  Maybe one of the more regulars can give you update on condition.

I'm happy to go show you how to get there if you don't come right,  but won't be able to join for ride(other commitments)