[Event] Encounter EG MTB And Trail Run- Endangered Wildlife Trust

JanineR

Event Name: Encounter EG MTB And Trail Run- Endangered Wildlife Trust
When: 2 November 2019
Where: Flitwick Ranch, Kwazulu-Natal
Category: MTB

Mountain bikers and trail runners!

Soak up the sun and enjoy the outdoors with a splash of adventure within the unique East Griqualand countryside, all part of the Stewardship Program’s Protected Environment. The courses offers trails with beautiful views of Ntsikeni Nature Reserve and surrounding wetlands, grasslands and mountain ranges stretching into the Southern Drakensberg and a number of threatened bird species. A children's play area pony rides and hot showers, a beautiful deli that serves breakfast, lunch and dinners are just some of the attractions.

Longer routes are catered for the intermediate to advanced, with great technicality and elevation changes. A water table will be provided but hydration packs are compulsory for 65km MTB. Distances are approximate.

Trail Run

6km fun run/walk, 12km and 21km

MTB

6km fun ride, 35km intermediate and 65km approx going through Ntsikeni Nature Reserve

Base yourself at the beautiful Flitwich Ranch in Swartberg for a real farm stay with activities to keep you busy all weekend. Visit their website: https://www.flitwickranch.com/

For race pre-entries please visit www.ROAG.co.za‬. or email janiner@ewt.org.za, 082 532 7836

Pre-entry options:

Trail Run

6km- R60

12km- R120

21km- R150

MTB

6km- R60

35km- R150

60km- R250

Entries on the day:

Trail Run

6km- R80

12km- R150

21km- R180

MTB

6km- R60

35km- R180

60km- R280

Race Times:

MTB 65km- 6:15am

MTB 34km- 6:30

MTB 6km- 7:00

Trail 21km- 6:35

Trail 12km- 6:45

Trail 6km- 7:00

Pre-registration will be available at Flitwich Ranch on Friday from 2pm.

Zapper will be available.

Support our protected environment and try spot all three crane species found here! Come and join us for a fun filled weekend! All proceeds will go towards supporting stewardship in East Griqualand.

????????‍♂️????????‍♀️????????????‍♀️????????‍♂️

Go to Event Page