[Event] My Sports Hero XCR (relay) #2 presented by XCOSA

Red Bird

Event Name: My Sports Hero XCR (relay) #2 presented by XCOSA
When: 19 October 2019
Where: XCOSA Bike Park - Voortrekker Monument, Gauteng
Category: MTB

The 2019 GC XCR (Relay) League offers all levels of participation the excitement of competing in Cross Country Olympic (XCO). Similar to XCO, XCR consist of mtb lap racing on short but carefully designed and "manicured" tracks that cater even for beginner riders. XCR is fun, safe, challenging and spectator friendly. All events hosted by XCOSA are CSA sanctioned and executed according to international regulations!

Participants enter and take part SOLO or in 2-4 member teams. Each SOLO rider and team must complete 8 x 5km laps, battling it out for full honours in their respective categories. Categories range from 10-70 year old. Teams can constitute riders from similar or different genders and/or age categories. Teams with members from different age categories compete in the strongest member’s category.

The purpose of the 2019 GC XCR (Relay) League is to 1) guide “newbies” into the exhilaration of XCO; and 2) determine the strongest XCO team by means of a XCR Team Performance Log!

The custom designed race track:

Same basic track than what was used for race #1 - we just added some excitement

Lap distance - 3,8km

Vertical ascend per lap - 90m

Extreme challenges - None

Number of laps - Each team/SOLO rider has to complete 8 laps!

PRIZES TO ALL PODIUM FINISHERS!!!

Go to Event Page